Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sex Sells....OR: Windows on a Mac?

So for the first time since I did all my MBA work on my Bestest Pal's Mac, I'm considering switching back. I've vowed "Never another Dell" and "Never another IBM" (or whatever they call themselves now) and "Never another Maxtor for backup" (see also Bestest Pal's blog) but haven't found a realistic solution. So, after viewing cool widgets and a waybetterthanPC iPhoto slide show on my beloved stepson's MacBook, BootCamp and Parallels (which allow you to run Windows on a Mac) have caused me to ponder, "is the 5% of the computer population who use Mac really tied to the unemployment rate" or can I realistically hope to do my work on MacWindows and have my fun on MacMac? And what about Windows Vista when it comes out? Anybody know? Can you believe I came out of retirement with a technology post?

5 comments:

--josh-- said...

I'm right there with you on the Mac/ell thing... did I tell you that a few days after I posted my I hate Dell rants, I got an email from a real live person (as opposed to one of those "Do not reply to this email!" emails) at Dell who said, they troll blogs and newsgroups from time to time looking for dissatisfied customers, and did I want to talk? First this creeped me out. Then I realized that they probably have 'bots datamining the web, and that this was just cutting edge "word of mouth marketing," which I'm actually sort of into, so I was impressed.

I wrote them an email telling why they suck and how they've descended into total suckage. Then I told him to call me, and when he did, I had his call forwarded to Bangalore.

Anyway, here's what made me stop by. I couldn't help thinking of you when I wrote this blog entry (don't worry, no liberal politics:

http://apennysworth.blogspot.com/2006/08/on-street-where-you-live.html

--josh-- said...

By the way, my secret word to post was "iluxofin," which I noted because that's what I'm taking for back pain.

RoxiticusDH said...

Just wait until I get around to my scathing AOL post.

Teaser: KEYWORD: CANCELLATION

I said, CANCELLATION

I meant, CANCELLATION

In other words, I NO LONGER WANT TO PAY $6.99/MONTH FOR 3 HOURS OF DIAL-UP ACCESS....I'VE MOVED ON.

--josh-- said...

Best, if you don't start postin to your blog soon, i'm going to have to call you up and talk!

Laynie had her first day of (pre)-school Tuesday. They grow up so fast...

--josh-- said...

Has Lynette made Tom get a paternity test to prove he's the father of that crazy lady's kid? I can't help thinking she's just a scam artist. My policy is, ALWAYS get a paternity test.