Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Said No, No, No...

The new "back to school" year gives Roxy a chance to get a fresh start on my diet and exercise program, and I had a rockin' new playlist going on the iPod this morning while I headed "back to fitness" with four sets of 7.5 minutes on the elliptical trainer, traveling four miles and burning 420 calories while London and Maddie lifted weights, did curl-ups, and kept me company in our basement gym. I used Apple's iTunes Genius program to generate a playlist of 25 songs based on "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse, and worked out to tunes that included Joss Stone's "Fell in Love with a Boy," "Sign Your Name" by Terence Trent D'Arby, Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke," and wrapped up with "Tell Me Something Good," a classic by Rufus. The tunes took me back to my wild and younger days, when I might have needed to go to rehab, but I said no, no, no....

0 comments: