Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Big Weekend: Miley Cyrus at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ

Back in the Spring, Rex and I were lucky enough to score two sets of four tickets to take London and Maddie and friends to see Miley Cyrus on Saturday, November 7th at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. We firmed up plans to include a mother-daughter pair of friends for Maddie and me, and a father-daughter pair of friends for Londona and Rex. We'll start off with an early Portuguese dinner, probably at Adega Grill in Newark, where we went the night we saw Movin' Out at NJPAC. Now, as we head into a four-day weekend thanks to the NJ state teachers' convention, the big night is almost here, and the girls are very excited.

Now, I know there are those who frown upon Miley and her Hannah Montana alter ego... in fact, Grammy continues to talk about the upcoming concert in a way that suggests that Rex and I have made plans to take our daughters to a strip show in Vegas. However, all four of us really enjoy her music (with Rex and me shedding a few Disney tears during the Hannah Montana Movie), and I believe with sufficient "parental guidance," our girls are smart enough to understand the difference between a "normal teenage girl" and trashy behavior that points us towards the next Britney Spears.

Last time I mentioned the concert here, however, more than one of my loyal Roxiticus Desperate Housewives readers reminded me that Miley's baby sister (who is about London's age... 8 or 9 years old) has been stirring up scandal with her online video "show" and scantily clad appearances on Hollywood red carpets. Don't worry, though... London and Maddie's girl band, the Butter Bites, "kept it country" for their Bay Head Halloween concert and trick or treating outfits.

0 comments: