Sunday, January 03, 2010

Music Monday for the Epiphany: Five for Fighting with 100 Years

At Hilltop Church on Sunday morning, we celebrated the Epiphany.

Epiphany, which falls every year on January 6th (the 12th day of Christmas) is a Christian feast day which celebrates the revelation of God in human form in the person of Jesus Christ. The celebration of the Epiphany includes the commemoration of the visit of the Magi, or "Wise Men" from Persia, who arrived in Bethlehem to bestow their gifts upon the newborn king.

Another definition of epiphany is the sudden realization or comprehension of the larger essence or meaning of something. The term can be used in either a philosophical or literal sense to signify that the claimant has "found the last piece of the puzzle and now sees the whole picture," or has new information or experience, often insignificant by itself, that illuminates a deeper or numinous foundational frame of reference.

As I wrote at the beginning of 2009, I can't claim anything that deep, but in celebration of the Epiphany, I've got an epiphany and New Year's Resolution of my own: continuing to look for a kinder, gentler Roxy in 2010. I know I have a lot of rough edges, and can be kinda tough... on my kids, and on other grown-ups. However, at the beginning of 2009 I committed to London and Maddie that I would try hard not to yell, and I think I made a lot of progress over the past year. So I'm going to keep the Golden Rule top of mind in 2010: Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

For my Epiphany Music Monday post, I remembered the Five for Fighting song, "100 Years," which has been around for a while, but I only recently listened carefully to the words. I think it fits with my 2010 resolutions to live in the present and enjoy the moments instead of dwelling on the past or spending too much time preparing for the future. Hope you find as much meaning in the song as I did. Happy New Year 2010 !!!






I'm 15 for a moment
Caught in between 10 and 20
And I'm just dreaming
Counting the ways to where you are
I'm 22 for a moment
She feels better than ever
And we're on fire
Making our way back from Mars
15 there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to lose
15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live
I'm 33 for a moment
Still the man, but you see I'm a they
A kid on the way
A family on my mind
I'm 45 for a moment
The sea is high
And I'm heading into a crisis
Chasing the years of my life
15 there's still time for you
Time to buy, and time to lose yourself
Within a morning star
15 I'm all right with you
15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live
Half time goes by
Suddenly you're wise
Another blink of an eye
67 is gone
The sun is getting high
We're moving on...
I'm 99 for a moment
Dying for just another moment
And I'm just dreaming
Counting the ways to where you are
15 there's still time for you
22 I feel her too
33 you're on your way
Every day's a new day...
15 there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to choose
Hey 15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live





Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. One simple rule, leave ONLY the actual post link here. You can grab this code at LJL Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.





PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

0 comments: