Saturday, June 12, 2010

Roxy's Best Of... Books: Steig Larsson Trilogy

I have to confess, I'm addicted to Steig Larsson. I bought The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo paperback at the Mendham Township Elementary School Book Fair back in March, and once I started reading it in May I couldn't stop. As soon as I finished, I zoomed out to the Mendham Bookstore to buy the Girl Who Played with Fire, and learned that the third and final novel in the trilogy -- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest -- was due out at the end of May. Somehow I made a mistake and never ordered it online, so when I saw it today (again at the Mendham Bookstore), I grabbed it and ran (well, I did stop to pay for it and to buy four other books that I couldn't resist). Now, this weekend I have more than my share of work (good news on an important investment banking transaction), family and puppy time, and stress (my mom is in rehab for a terrible fall and is headed to a nursing home, never to return to her home), but I have a feeling that tonight's gonna be a reading night... what will become of our heroine, Lisbeth Salander??The problem is, once I finish the trilogy, there isn't anymore... Steig Larsson is dead.

0 comments: