Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today would have been my mom's 85th birthday.

As my loyal Roxiticus Desperate Housewives readers know, my mom passed away on June 16th. It has been a tough couple of months (in fact, Rex found me crumbled in a state of despair this morning), but our family continues to celebrate her life instead of mourning her death. In years past, we'd celebrate Grandmom's birthday by picking up lobsters for all five of us. Rex would cook them at Grandmom's house while London and Maddie entertained her with the songs they were learning at Annie's Playhouse Summer Stars camp.

Those who knew my mom knew how much she appreciated a bargain...watching for sales, clipping coupons. I noticed that lobsters are on sale at Shop Rite this week, $5.99/pound. So in honor of my mom's 85th birthday, we'll pick them up on our way to Bay Head and celebrate with lobsters and corn on the porch at our beach house tonight.

Happy Birthday, Mom... we miss you but know you're watching over us.

0 comments: