Thursday, November 25, 2010

No Place Like Home for the Holidays

This post brought to you by Pier 1 Imports. All opinions are 100% mine.

Rex and I never get why people start decorating for Christmas before Halloween, but as Thanksgiving and Black Friday approach, we're ready to start our holiday shopping and decorating.  We'll kick off our holiday entertaining with a children's holiday open house for a big bunch of our best friends in a couple of weeks.  The most important planning for that party probably involves building an indoor arcade basketball competition setup in our basement.  Once the kids are taken care of, I can turn my attention to impressing the grown-ups with stylish and affordable items from Pier 1.

I think my most important “must have” purchase will be a Starburst table runner for the dining room, where Rex will serve his signature choice of vegetarian or meat chili, and I'll be pouring from two different pitchers (one for each recipe) of Sex on the Beach.  I also spotted some Blue Spiral Hiball glasses at  Pier 1 that just may do the trick.

For those of you who are getting ready to mail out invitations for your own holiday parties here in the Roxiticus Valley, you should know that I'll be the perfect guest with a list of 10 great hostess gifts that aren't wine.  Or if you'd like to make this hostess happy, consider one of Pier 1's many jeweled desk frames... you know I've just printed 4,297 photos and would like to put my girls on display.

During the months of November and December, you can support Toys for Tots by dropping off an unwrapped toy at Pier 1 and/or making a cash donation at the register.  For Facebook friends, if you “Like” Pier 1 Imports on Facebook during the month of November, Pier 1 will donate $1 to Toys for Tots.

Visit Sponsor's Site

0 comments: