Monday, August 01, 2011

Music Monday: "Heaven's Highest Hill" by Billy Falcon

This weekend, we were down at our beach house in Bay Head, NJ (Billy Falcon theme week at Roxy's Bay Head Blog, too), and while the rain came down on Friday night I was listening to some 80s/early 90s classics on the iPod and looking back... for a bunch of different reasons: Saturday would have been my mom's 86th birthday, and I've been cleaning out the garage here in Mendham, digging through my family's old paperwork...I found the $35 receipt from 1972 for the beloved beagle-terrier mutt I grew up with, and the program from my college graduation. So when Billy Falcon's "Heaven's Highest Hill" came on, I knew that would be my theme for this week's Music Monday. In 1987, Billy Falcon's wife passed away at the age of 29 (breast cancer). He wrote this song in her honor.



How do I tell my baby, "Mama's not coming home"?
How do I tell myself I'll be staying alone? Oh, I...I can't stop crying.
She'll say,"Daddy, I wanna hold her...wanna see her again.
I wanna kiss her..wanna touch her." Oooo, what can I say? So do I.

Oh Mama, I'm missing you real bad.
But, it don't do me no good sittin' thinking 'bout what we had...

Love don't stop...it goes on forever.
Love don't stop...and it never will.
Love don't stop...one day we'll be together.
Love don't stop...and I'll sing this song to you someday from heaven's highest hill.

How 'm I gonna look into those big brown eyes
when she wakes up crying out in the middle of the night for the Mama?
How will I make it better?
The house is full of people but nobody's home.
Everybody's here and I'm all alone calling out your name
but, there's no answer.
Oh Mama, last night she told me not to cry.
I swear I see you every time she smiles.

Love don't stop...it goes on forever.
Love don't stop...and it never will.
Love don't stop...one day we'll be together.
Love don't stop...and I'll sing this song to you someday from heaven's highest hill.

I don't know if you hear me. Sometimes I'd like to think you do.
All the things we been fightin' for, I'm gonna make them all come true.
And these arms, they ache to hold you-and I know one day I will.
I'll meet you in the tall grass up on heaven's highest...

Love don't stop...it goes on forever.
Love don't stop...and it never will.
Love don't stop...one day we'll be together.
Love don't stop...and I'll sing this song to you someday on heaven's highest hill.
(love don't stop)
(love don't stop) one day we'll be together
(love don't stop) on heaven's highest hill
(love don't stop) our love goes on forever
(love don't stop) and it always will
(love don't stop)


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.

PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

0 comments: