Saturday, February 28, 2009

March Madness Is Coming!

When I first started blogging in earnest back in February 2008, one of the first things I shared with my loyal Roxiticus Desperate Housewives readers was my love of March Madness college basketball. It occasionally divides our household, when London and I root for my alma mater, the Syracuse Orangemen, and Maddie and Rex root for PostBoy's alma mater, the Villanova Wildcats. One year later, we're coming up on one of our family's favorite times of year... the end of winter, preparations for Maddie's 7th birthday, and bracketology time!

For those of you who are interested in winning a million bucks, stay tuned... I've just started researching the best web sites to win a million dollars for my perfect bracket in the NCAA Tournament. As of today -- Saturday, February 28th and the start of "Judgment Week," the last week of regular season college basketball games -- neither ESPN nor Sports Illustrated have posted any big money contests. A Google search on "March Madness million dollar bracket" points out the gambling sites that want access to your credit card or bank account in order to enter their "free" contests. A few years back, before they required the financial background info to enter their contests, I signed up, including my mailing address, and they've given me all the swimsuit calendars a girl could ever want.

I will hope that as championship week gets underway and the Madness begins, the large sports sites like ESPN and Sports Illustrated, as well as big players like AOL and Yahoo, will launch free contests. In the meantime, take note of the following important dates:
  • Thursday, March 5th through Sunday, March 15th: NCAA Championship Week
  • Sunday, March 15th at 6:00pm: Selection Sunday, when the 65 teams are announced
  • Tuesday, March 17th through Monday, April 6th: NCAA Tournament
Stay tuned and we'll keep you up to date on the million dollar opportunities, sports fans!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I'm from CT ~ absolutely always root for the UCONN home team ~ men & women!

We love a parade!

RoxiticusDH said...

Cindi,
Particularly with the UConn women's team, you must get to attend a lot of parades!
I think I feel a blogosphere basketball bracket contest coming on... oops I forgot, there's not a chance in the world that I have the time to organize it!
Roxy