Monday, February 02, 2009

Music Monday: Starting Over by John Lennon

This week's Music Monday on Roxiticus Desperate Housewives is "Starting Over" by John Lennon.

There are a few stories behind the song. I've been hinting for the past few weeks about big changes in our lives. Most significantly, after ten years on our own with our small investment bank, Rex and I have joined forces with another focused investment banking firm. Our first day is Music Monday, February 2nd, and it feels just like starting over... in a positive, energized way. Wish us luck!



"Our life together is so precious, together
We have grown, we have grown
Although our love is still special
Let's take a chance and fly away somewhere alone

It's been too long since we took the time
No one's to blame, I know time flies so quickly
But when I see you darling
It's like we both are falling in love again
It'll be just like starting over, starting over

Everyday we used to make it love
Why can't we be making love nice and easy
It's time to spread our wings and fly
Don't let another day go by my love
It'll be just like starting over, starting over

Why don't we take off alone
Take a trip somewhere far, far away
We'll be together all alone again
Like we used to in the early days
Well, well, well darling

It's been too long since we took the time
No-one's to blame, I know time flies so quickly
But when I see you darling
It's like we both are falling in love again
It'll be just like starting over, starting over

Our life together is so precious together
We have grown, we have grown
Although our love is still special
Let's take a chance and fly away somewhere"



Another back story to "Starting Over" is that we're a full month into the New Year 2009 and I'm not doing very well on my New Year's resolutions. While I haven't gained any weight, I haven't lost any either, and I haven't gotten serious about working out on a regular basis. There's always an excuse... from my rickety knees, to work and family commitments. So today, as we launch into a new month and a new work routine, I'm starting over on my fitness not fatness resolution. I'm headed down to the elliptical trainer right now, with a renewed commitment to work out every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, as well as finding ways to fit fitness into my everyday life.

Last but not least, I've made a new resolution to tame the paper dragon and reduce clutter in my office and home. Although (and perhaps because) I'll have less time to waste on paperwork, I've got a triple-pronged plan: I cleaned out our home office (I should have taken "before" and "after" photos), I'm going to make sure less comes in than goes out/gets thrown away each day, and I'm going to spend one hour per week going through the boxes of "memory book" materials to create attractive, well-organized scrapbooks for London, Maddie, and our family.




Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. One simple rule, leave ONLY the actual post link here. You can grab this code at LJL Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.




14 comments:

A said...

This is the first time I've heard this song but I must say, I like it! :D

A said...

BTW, good luck with your resolutions! :D

Mary said...

Roxy

Here's to this being the start of something big. Changes can be scary, But I am confident you will do wonderfully.

Seems we are both stuck in the weight loss game, for I too while not gaining any weight, am not losing either. *sighs*

Have you heard more on the storm we are supposed to get? The paper warns of two feet of snow falling in the Roxiticus Valley! Sounds like time for another productive kitchen day for me! Any requests/suggestions?

Mary

RoxiticusDH said...

Mary,
I sure hope the forecast you read was wrong... I'm not up for two feet of snow this week! Weather.com says rain and snow showers Monday night into Tuesday, but no accumulation is mentioned.
Roxy

Mary said...

Roxy

I hope the track of the storm is wrong as well, but here is the link to the paper's forecast, http://dailyrecord.weather.gannettonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=WEATHER0402&Zipcode=7960&City=Morristown&State=NJ

They are saying Monday night 1-3 inches, and 1-3 additional overnight, snow all day Tuesday, adding an additional 3-6 inches.

Sounds like the forecast is significantly less than the original 2 feet, but still plenty for some good snowman building and great sledding conditions.

Now to come up with some non fattening comfort food to make.... Is there such a thing?

Mary

Mizé said...

Hi Roxy.
I like all John Lennon´ songs. Nowadays, I hear his songs mostly on the radio. Imagine is my favorite.
We´re having a storm here too. There are several floods but my city escaped. We´re so near north Africa that we´re often very lucky with the weather.
Oh, weight loss, won´t comment that. I´m a bit obese and I´ll always be. My luck is I have 1,80 m :)
Setting goals, in smal steps, is a good way to put plans in practice. With your determination, I´m sure you´ll find a way to exercise more and eat more healthy food.
Happy Monday!

Mariuca said...

Hiya Roxy, how're u doing? I can see why u're so busy, a new venture is never easy. Good luck to you and Rex! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Oh this reminds me that I have yet to feature my JL song! Next week perhaps? :)

Mariuca said...

As for the diet, same here! :( I am forever finding excuses and seriously, am running out of good ones! :(

Jason said...

Hey Roxy, got any inside info on Blog Explosion? They've been down all weekend. Good song you've got here, though I always cringe at his stuff about Yoko. Check out my Bass Nation entry this week. You'll like it because it's Jersey-licious.

LJP said...

I love that song! I've noticed BE is down too!! I'm getting withdrawal symptoms! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck and best wishes. I hope your new venture works our amazingly well.

Anonymous said...

always good to feel like we are starting fresh..best of luck

Chandira said...

Thanks for the reminder to reengage those resolutions.. ;-)

I love that Lennon song, one of my favourites.