Thursday, October 01, 2009

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together...

Back in the Spring, Rex and I were lucky enough to score two sets of four tickets to take London and Maddie and friends to see Miley Cyrus on Saturday, November 7th at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Today, I've wrapped up our plans to include a mother-daughter pair of friends for Maddie and me, and a father-daughter pair of friends for London and Rex.

Now, I know there are those who frown upon Miley and her Hannah Montana alter ego... in fact, at our recent family reunion I heard Grammy whispering about the upcoming concert in a way that suggested that Rex and I had made plans to take our daughters to a strip show in Vegas. However, all four of us really enjoy her music (with Rex and me shedding a few Disney tears during the Hannah Montana Movie), and I believe with sufficient "parental guidance," our girls are smart enough to understand the difference between a "normal teenage girl" and trashy behavior that points us towards the next Britney Spears.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I am sure you will have a great time as her music as you say is rather nice and she is always bubbly and full of fun.

I am just a bit sad that her folks let her and especially her tiny sister dress so sexily and mix with people way too old for them. Hopefully they both survive it all.

Lynne said...

I hate to say it, I actually like Miley Cyrus quite a bit, and I think she's quite talented. My daughter on the other hand, seems to have grown out of Miley, although she did use to watch her show quite a bit.

Brochure Printing said...

I agree with Jackie. Why are they in a hurry to give Miley a sexy image when she's still a minor? She'll grow up fast, can't they just wait for it to happen?