Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pssst.... Don't Tell London and Maddie

I know it's only Halloween, but I'm doing a little bit of online Christmas shopping. I have one of those 10% Target Rewards certificates that expires next week, and I wanted to get a jump on shopping at a discount (unfortunately, I have learned through a call to their less-than-helpful customer service that Target doesn't really mean it when they claim "free shipping on your $50+ order"...unless you're buying "specially marked items"...their message seemed to be "go shop in the store... who cares whether you'd rather spend the time with your kids?").

Just until the end of today (Halloween), Amazon is running a special offer where you buy $80 of video games (including either of the two Disney Sing It bundles) and get a $40 promotional credit for your next Wii, Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 video game purchase.

London and Maddie are hoping Santa will leave a Wii under their tree, so I've been looking into games they might enjoy. Since they love to practice singing and dance moves with their Butter Bites band, I want to find singing, dancing and musical activities. I saw a clip on the Disney Channel promoting their Sing It games, so I tracked down the song lists for two of the games.

The "original" Disney Sing It features the following favorites:
Aly and AJ – Potential Breakup Song
Aly and AJ – Chemicals React
Aly and AJ – Like Whoa
Camp Rock – Here I Am
Camp Rock – Hasta La Vista
Camp Rock – Play My Music
Camp Rock – Gotta Find You
Camp Rock – This Is Me
Camp Rock – Start The Party
Camp Rock – We Rock
High School Musical 2 – You Are The Music In Me
High School Musical 2 – What Time Is It?
High School Musical 2 – Fabulous
High School Musical 2 – Bet On It
High School Musical – Start Of Something New
High School Musical – Get’cha Head In The Game
High School Musical – Breaking Free
The Cheetah Girls 2 – The Party’s Just Begun
The Cheetah Girls 2 – Dance With Me
The Cheetah Girls 3 – One World
Everlife – Real Wild Child
Everlife – Find Yourself In You
Jordan Pruitt – Outside Looking In
Jordan Pruitt – Jump To The Rhythm
Jesse McCartney – She’s No You
Jump In – Push It To The Limit
Vanessa Hudgens – Say OK
Billy Ray Cyrus – Ready Set Don’t Go
Hannah Montana – Rock Star
Hannah Montana – Nobody’s Perfect
Hannah Montana – Life’s What You Make It
Hannah Montana – Best Of Both Worlds
Miley Cyrus – Start All Over
Miley Cyrus – See You Again
Miley Cyrus – G.N.O. (Girl’s Night Out)

Sing It Pop Hits continues the fun with:
Colbie Caillat - Bubbly
Colbie Caillat - Realize
Coldplay - Violet Hill
Demi Lovato - Don't Forget
Demi Lovato - Get Back
Demi Lovato - La La Land
Duffy - Mercy
Duffy - Warwick Avenue
Hannah Montana - Let's Do This
Hannah Montana - Let's Get Crazy
Jem - It's Amazing
Jesse McCartney - How Do You Sleep?
Jesse McCartney - It's Over
Jonas Brothers - Burnin' Up
Jonas Brothers - Hold On
Jonas Brothers - Love Bug
Jonas Brothers - SOS
Jonas Brothers - When You Look Me In The Eyes
Miley Cyrus - 7 Things
Miley Cyrus - Fly On The Wall
Miley Cyrus - Hoedown Throwdown
Miley Cyrus - The Climb
Mitchell Musso - The In Crowd
One Republic - Apologize
Steve Rushton - Emergency
Taylor Swift - Change
Taylor Swift - I'm Only Me When I'm With You
Vanessa Hudgens - Sneakernight
Love and Theft - Dont Wake Me Up
Hatching Pete - Let It Go

Just until the end of today (Halloween), Amazon is running a special offer where you buy $80 of video games (including either of the two Disney Sing It bundles) and get a $40 promotional credit for your next Wii, Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 video game purchase. Let's get shopping!

Not for today, but once I get a better understanding of all the musical options out there (and when I get my $40 promotional code from Amazon for the games I bought today), my friend Susan and I are intrigued (for our daughters or ourselves??) with Guitar Hero World Tour. There's a "Complete Band Game" bundle that appears to come with a microphone, guitar, and drum set, so the whole Butter Bites band could play at the same time. Have any of you tried it?

The other game I've heard of that I think my little Butter Bites would enjoy is Dance Dance Revolution, but there are several options to choose from, including bundles with different songs and multiple dance mats...it starts to get confusing to make sure we have enough remotes, mats and...nunchuks...what kind of crazy word is that??!!

My loyal Roxiticus Desperate Housewives readers know that I haven't had a lot of time to spend in the blogosphere lately, but if Santa delivers the Wii and we get all the pieces hooked up properly, I will commit to explaining to all of you just what you need to get started having family fun.

0 comments: