Thursday, October 21, 2010

Roxy's Reflections: Eat Less. Pray More. Love Lots.

We closed on the sale of my mom's house yesterday, an incredible relief that brings our family that much closer to settling her estate. My big sister has been amazing in her efforts as executrix, and in cleaning out the house I grew up in, sorting and donating anything valuable, and tossing out trash can after trash can of almost 40 years worth of accumulated paperwork and possessions.

Over the past few weeks since my 44th birthday, I have been reading Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat Pray Love," and just finished yesterday. While I have no plans to take a year off to travel to Italy, India, and Indonesia, I found her story interesting.

Tonight, our family is off to Art and Poetry Night at Mendham Township Elementary School...I will be back to write more later...unless I fall asleep early, or find another good book to read all night long.

(quick update the next morning)
Ah, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Maddie, London, Rex and I had such a good time at MTES Art and Poetry Night that I didn't get a chance to write about it...or about anything else last night. The girls made several art projects that are drying at the school, but by this afternoon I may have ink blot cinquains to share with all of you. Roxy even got into the mix and created a little art and poetry. Our favorite projects are, of course, the ones that involve getting messy, so it was bath night as soon as we came home.

0 comments: