Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Simple Pumpkin Seed Recipe

After school today, London, Maddie and I are off to a pumpkin painting and carving party with London's Brownie troop. We've already carved one set of pumpkins, but we are looking forward to more pumpkin good fun. Since our family loves to bake and eat pumpkin seeds this time of year, I thought I'd share the following recipe, passed along to us by our good friend and former nanny:

Wash all the pumpkin goo off the seeds. Make sure the seeds are completely dry. Put the seeds on a cookie sheet (I usually line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil) and cover in vegetable oil. Don't saturate the seeds, but make sure they are completely covered in oil. Salt the seeds. Bake in a 400 degree oven. I am not sure how long, it probably depends on your oven and how crispy you like them. Let them bake for 20 minutes and check them. They are done when they are golden brown and crispy, and your house wil start to smell good like Halloween should.

1 comments:

paul wynn said...

Thank you! I'm carving pumpkins, i mean A pumpkin tomorrow, so that would be a good idea to do something with the seeds.