Monday, March 22, 2010

Rolling Stones Music Monday: Roxy's Not Going Home 'til They Play Brown Sugar

Back in Roxy's wild single days, I would go out to Jersey Shore bars with my girlfriends... the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, McLoone's Rumrunners, Cheers in Long Branch, Donovan's Reef in Seabright... the list goes on, but one thing remained the same every weekend...whether we saw the Bobby Bandiera Band or another great bunch of Jersey guys, at the end of the night, I'd be hollering "I'm not going home until they play Brown Sugar..."

Here's the one they missed on American Idol Rolling Stones theme week... guess it's a good thing I was already home.



Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
Sold in a market down in New Orleans
Scarred old slaver knows he's doing alright
Hear him with the women just around midnight

Brown sugar how come you taste so good?
Brown sugar just like a young girl should

Drums beating, cold English blood runs hot
Lady of the house wonderin' when it's gonna stop
House boy knows that he's doing alright
You shoulda heard him just around midnight

Brown sugar how come you taste so good, now?
Brown sugar just like a young girl should, now

Ah, get along, brown sugar how come you taste so good, baby?
Ah, got me feelin' now, brown sugar just like a black girl should

I bet your mama was a tent show queen
And all her boyfriends were sweet sixteen
I'm no schoolboy but I know what I like
You shoulda heard me just around midnight

Brown sugar how come you taste so good, baby?
Ah, brown sugar just like a young girl should, yeah

I said yeah, yeah, yeah, woo
How come you...how come you taste so good?
Yeah, yeah, yeah, woo
Just like a...just like a black girl should
Yeah, yeah, yeah, woo




Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.


PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

2 comments:

Mariuca said...

Happy MM Roxy! Wat is the theme on Idol this week yeah?? :)

LadyJava said...

vote vote vote Roxy... good luck!!
happy MM!!