This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Hiltons of Branson. All opinions are 100% mine.
This week, I've been happily posting about March Madness, softball, daffodils, and other signs of spring here in the Roxiticus Valley, New Jersey. When I returned home from an early morning meeting in New York City on a New Jersey Transit train filled with hideous howling preschoolers on a class trip, the afternoon was windy but filled with ample sunshine. I received an email from Maddie's softball coach about practice this weekend, and I'm looking forward to seeing both of my girls play ball in the sunshine.
This just in from Branson, Missouri... spring has sprung there, too!! While the electrifying entertainment capital of the Midwest seems to have indoor and outdoor fun for all seasons, Branson is really the place to go this spring... relax and enjoy the scenery on the river walk, improve your golf game, or shop till you drop at local boutiques when you stay at either the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing or Hilton Branson Convention Center.
Now, let me tell you what Rex, London, Maddie and I would do if we flew to Branson for a long spring weekend or part of our spring break:
- Breakfast in bed at one of the two Hilton hotels
- Golf for Rex at one of Branson's championship golf courses, while the girls and I follow him around on foot or in a golf cart
- Check out the first of a series of amazing concerts on the Branson Landing: maybe we could see (or even participate in) David Leterman's Stupid Human & Pet Trick Auditions.
- A nature hike, followed by a picnic by one of the area's beautiful lakes
- Take the girls to a movie -- either Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Maddie's favorite book series) or the new Miley Cyrus flick based on the Nicholas Sparks novel, The Last Song -- or see a live show at one of 49 live entertainment theaters.
- Get into the middle of Branson's own March Madness...the NAIA Division II Men's Basketball Tournament....you know that would be one of the main attractions of the whole trip for my basketball jonesing family.
- It seems like there's always something going on in Branson, so we'd have to stay for several days or choose from a variety of events like the 14th annual Branson Tri-Lakes Building and Home Show, Branson’s Best Boat and Recreation Show, Silver Dollar City’s Family Spring Break Day...
- We'd wrap up our Branson trip with some kickin' country music... either the Colgate Country Showdown with KHOZ 102.9, or the Nashvegas All Stars, both live at Branson Landing.
If you can't be here with Rex, London, Maddie and Roxy in the Roxiticus Valley (or at our beach house in Bay Head, New Jersey), the Branson vacation community is the perfect alternative. Leave the chilly winter behind and come out to play this spring in Branson to enjoy a true Ozark Mountain Spring.