Friday, August 14, 2009

In A Word? Muddy.


I don't want to discourage anyone from making it out to the Somerset County 4-H Fair in Bridgewater, New Jersey for the last day today, Friday, August 14th. Maddie, London, Rex and I had a great time yesterday, serving up cotton candy for an hour before heading over to the food tent and picking up dinner -- sausage and peppers for Grandmom, Philly cheesesteak for Roxy, pulled pork for Rex, chicken dinosaurs for the girls, curly fries for all -- and heading over to my mom's house in Branchburg according to our long-standing annual tradition.

However, the conditions at the 4-H Fairgrounds are muddier than I have ever seen them and we destroyed two pairs of Converse One Star sneakers in the mud, so be sure to wear your boots. Due to the mud, there's no parking at the fairgrounds, so go straight to the park and ride at Raritan Valley Community College.

The free family fair, showcasing kids projects from animals to rockets, trains and home economics, runs from Wednesday, August 12th through Friday, August 14th, 2009. While I didn't take as many animal pictures as I had hoped, over the weekend I should be able to upload some classic cotton candy, newly hatched baby chicks, and a few other shots to share with those of you who don't make it out to the 4-H Fairgrounds.

Continue reading...

0 comments: