Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What's Your Take On EntreCard?

Yesterday I received an email from the [new] folks over at EntreCard, filling me in on yet another change to the system. I have to confess that since I started a new job in February, I haven't had much time to spend in the blogosphere, and the time I do have is devoted to trying to create quality content posts and to visiting and catching up on my favorite blogs. EntreCard continues to play a role in my blog visits, as I find it a handy form of bookmarking and keeping track of who's "dropped in" to visit me. I've noticed that some of my favorite blogs have dropped out of the EntreCard system with each new set of changes and disputes, and I'm wondering how the loyal users think about EntreCard today. Leave a comment to let me know if you're still using EntreCard, how you use it, and what other tools (e.g., BlogExplosion) you're using to drive traffic to your own blog and to find interesting new blogs to read.



Hi everyone,
We hope that you have been pleased with Entrecard’s progress. The management team has been working hard to improve Entrecard and we thank you for your patience.
We have noticed that the total number of Entrecard credits in the system has grown rapidly. This has been due to the fact that more credits are being created than credits are leaving the system. If this inflation continues, Entrecard credits will be worth less and less. To ensure a stable credit economy and reduce the outstanding credits, Entrecard will no longer give Entrecard credits to the person receiving a drop. In other words, instead of awarding 2 credits for each drop (one to the dropper and one to the blog site owner), only 1 credit will be given to the dropper. This change will be effective September 1, 2009 and will last until further notice.

We have explored many other options to deflate the credit economy and we have found this route to be the easiest and fairest way to resolve the problem for the time being. While this may seem like a set back, it has its advantages. In the long run, the prices to advertise on blogs will decline making advertising more affordable.

While we recognize your concerns, please understand that it is one of our goals to have a healthy Entrecard credit economy. This is a huge change we're making and we will continue to monitor the credit economy. We will continue to make changes as necessary to accommodate a healthy Entrecard economy. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Cindy Ung
Director of Business Development
Entrecard.com


Dear EntreCard,

I truly don't have time to worry about the EntreCard "economy" (isn't the real economy stressful enough??!!). Hope things work out for you.

All the best,
Roxy

6 comments:

Mariuca said...

Hi Roxy! Having coffee before I break my fast today...my grilled fish is waiting for me!

Mariuca said...

Well, u know me, addicted to EC so yes, I've been dropping 900 almost daily, it's automatic...lol! It is still the easiest way for me to keep in touch with blog buddies, I drop my card to let them know I popped in that day. :)

Mariuca said...

But I gotta say that Adgi has been very impressive ever since I joined them. I've advertised Mariuca and MPG so far and next month I wanna advertise MD. Adgi doesn't burden me with 300 drops, I only have to click 51 blogs if I'm advertising for the month. Both times I advertised, I made back my 14 bucks with a little extra, so am very happy with my "free" advertising on Adgi and the amount I actually make EVERY month! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Wow that was a long comment LOL! Ok sweetie, finishing up my coffee and then off to have my first meal for the day, see ya later! :)

Robin said...

As with the other changes that have been made, I'm always willing to hang in there to see the results. I've been using EC for about a year and find it still useful in providing traffic to my site. I'm also using Blogexplosion and Adgitize (it's surprising to see the number of Adgitize members who are also EC members.

Cheers!

RoxiticusDH said...

Mariuca and Robin,
Thanks for "dropping in" with your thoughts on EntreCard. I'll have to go back to Adgitize... I tried it for a while and then dropped it when the widget went haywire in my sidebar one weekend.
Roxy