Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Best Things In Life Are Free

Now I know I've been out of touch for the past few weeks, maybe even months ("that's the equivalent of 49 years in the blogosphere"), and I have missed at least one of LadyJava's Music Mondays... but I've got a tune running through my head tonight that's been performed over several decades by bands like the Beatles and the Flying Lizards.

"The best things in life are free.... but you can give them to the birds and bees... just give me money, that's what I want."

But what I'd really like you to do is Kissimmee... or wish me luck on winning a free vacation in Kissimmee, Florida. I know SpicyBug lives somewhere down there, and if I win the vacation Kissimmee is giving away, I've got a long list of free and carefree activities for Rex, London, Maddie and me to do. We're talking wilderness preserves for you nature lovers, famous theme parks involving princesses, historic downtown areas, eclectic shops and boutiques... a little something for every member of the family.

If we left right now we could make it to the Central Florida Fair, which runs from April 16th through April 26th at the Central Florida Fairgrounds in Orlando. What could be more carefree than to be stopped at the top of a ferris wheel?



The town of Kissimmee is giving away three (count 'em, 3) long weekend getaways (that's 3 days and 2 nights) for two (2); and two (count 'em, 2) week long vacations for four (4).... since Maddie and London would be more than a little disappointed if Rex and I went away to Central Florida without them, I think we'd better focus our karma on the trips for four (4). I already missed the first drawing on April 1st, but there are two more drawings coming up on or around May 1st, 2009 and June 1st, 2009. Sing with me now, "the best vacations are free... and you can give them to your friend Roxy..." I've entered the sweepstakes, but just in case I'm not the winner all of you should do so as well.

Post?slot_id=

1 comments:

Spicybugz said...

Actually I am on the Gulf Coast ;) Kissimmee is about 2 1/2 hours away. But I hope you do win. How nice that would be for you and your family. I don't care to much for Disney, but I do like Bush Gardens, which is only about 45 min from me.

Good Luck :) Nice to see you back.

Oh and I can't access BE either. If someone can, maybe they should put a post on the BE forums that there is a problem again.