Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Bundle of Twigs

I don't think I can tell this story without losing the humor of it in the process, but I'm going to give it a try.

Suffice it to say that Rex is not as technologically oriented as Roxy. He's been traveling a bit, and I planned to work from home today, using Rex's laptop to access our office's proprietary database via Citrix. Blame it on Bill Gates' dog, but my fancy HP Pavillion DV9000 with Windows Vista doesn't work with Citrix. Doesn't work with much, but that's another story, and of course it's also the reason Microsoft is replacing the Vista dog with a new experiment as soon as the trained chimps are done with their testing. Anyway, I open up Rex's laptop bag, and what do I find?

A bundle of twigs! (actually, it was a stack of research briefs on potential M&A clients, but it might as well have been a bundle of twigs for all the good it did me). Rex didn't see the value in lugging home a laptop for the week when he's got his Blackberry.

So tell me... was this a funny story to anyone but me?

0 comments: