Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Getting Roxy's Spring Training Back On Track for a Good Cause

I've posted before about my 83-year-old mother's fight with breast cancer, and since her "successful" mastectomy and radiation therapy a couple of years ago the concern about "family history" is never far from my mind. I am always willing to lend my voice to fight breast cancer or support families whose lives are touched by it. Right now, Bumble Bee Foods is offering the opportunity and motivation for me to get back on track with my Spring Training efforts and make a contribution to the Breast Cancer Network of Strength at the same time.

Here's how it works: join Roxy in visiting BeeWell Miles to log the miles you walk or run each day. Now I'll be the first to admit that my personal mileage isn't likely to add up very quickly. When Rex was training for the New York City Marathon in 1995, I often joked, "26 miles? If I have to go that far, I take a car!" (I did, however, end up "running" the marathon with Rex in 1996 and 1997) These days, the challenge is finding the time to fit exercise and physical activity into my hectic life. The good news is, on most work days I probably walk at least a half a mile each way from the PATH train at the World Financial Center to my office on Wall Street. Now that we've opened our beach house in Bay Head, NJ, our whole family likes to take long walks on the beach, so I think I'll be pleasantly surprised at how quickly the miles add up. From April 1st, 2009 through October 31, 2009, Bumble Bee Foods will donate 15 cents per mile for every mile logged at BeeWell Miles (up to $200,000) to help the Breast Cancer Network of Strength provide emotional support to those who can't wait for tomorrow's cure.

BeeWellMiles gives you all the resources you need to make the most of a new, healthier lifestyle. Interact online with healthy living experts, log your daily miles, and discover the calories you're burning along the way. Use the site to calculate your route's mileage, or share your favorite local walking and running routes with others. Contest alert!! Each day, when you visit the site to log miles or game codes from pink Bumble Bee cans, you could instantly win one of 15,000 prizes!! Sounds like a win-win to me. See you out there getting fit!

Post?slot_id=

1 comments:

Mariuca said...

Vote vote vote!! Are u on a winning or losing streak? :):):)