Monday, July 28, 2008

All I Wanna Do Is Have Some Fun...Sheryl Crow at PNC Bank Arts Center Tomorrow Night....Tuesday, July 29th!

Hit it!
This ain't no disco
It ain't no country club either
This is L.A.!

"All I wanna do is have a little fun before I die,"
Says the man next to me out of nowhere
It's apropos of nothing
He says his name's William but I'm sure
He's Bill or Billy or Mac or Buddy
And he's plain ugly to me
And I wonder if he's ever had a day of fun in his whole life

We are drinking beer at noon on Tuesday
In a bar that faces a giant car wash
The good people of the world are washing their cars
On their lunch break, hosing and scrubbing
As best they can in skirts in suits
They drive their shiny Datsuns and Buicks
Back to the phone company, the record store too
Well, they're nothing like Billy and me, cause

All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
All I wanna do is have some fun
Until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard

I like a good beer buzz early in the morning
And Billy likes to peel the labels
From his bottles of Bud
He shreds them on the bar
Then he lights every match in an oversized pack
Letting each one burn down to his thick fingers
Before blowing and cursing them out
And he's watching the bottles of Bud as they spin on the floor
And a happy couple enters the bar
Dangerously close to one another
The bartender looks up from his want ads but

All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
All I wanna do is have some fun
Until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard

Otherwise the bar is ours,
The day and the night and the car wash too
The matches and the Buds and the clean and dirty cars
The sun and the moon but

All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
All I wanna do is have some fun
I've got a feeling the party has just begun
All I wanna do is have some fun
I won't tell you that you're the only one
All I wanna do is have some fun
Until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard
Until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard


Hooray! Rex and the girls and I, and our friends Susan and Mike and their daughter, are off tomorrow night (Tuesday, July 29th) to have some fun. We're going to see Sheryl Crow at PNC Bank Arts Center. Seriously, all we're gonna do is have a lot of fun this week, with Sheryl Crow on Tuesday, dinner and a multi-desperate-family play date at Lynette & Tom's on Wednesday, Springsteen GNO on Thursday, and London and Maddie's big Annie's Playhouse performance on Friday night.

James Blunt is opening the show tomorrow night. Rex said "Who's he?" but I think he will recognize "You're Beautiful"...I'm not sure I could put together a list of popular James Blunt songs without help from Google or iTunes, but women seem to think he's hot.

I get him mixed up with John Mayer, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath waiting to hear "Your Body Is A Wonderland"...

I also confuse James Blunt and John Mayer with Jason Mraz...on the "if it's too loud, you're too old" theme, I'm afraid that when all they hot young boyz start to look the same...

7 comments:

Mariuca said...

Roxy!!! I got ur comment LOL! And you've convinced me to join a BOTB tonight ha ha ha! Am voting for u now, and the many 3-digit battles going on tonight! BE is rockiin' tonight! ;)

Have fun! I love John Mayer's new song, can't remember the title.

Ashley said...

I dunno.....

James Blunt = HOT
John Mayer = not hot
the other guy.... haven't heard his name in awhile.

James Blunt beats them hands down :)

I do feel older, though, because I know everyone is talking about the Jonas Brothers, but I've never heard any of their songs, nor do I want to. They look too young.

Jason said...

That concert would be sheer torture to me, but I'm voting for you anyway.

Elara said...

Hi Roxy!I think John Mayer's hot, but I prefer James Blunt's music. Jason Mraz? I love both his looks and music. Yay!

It's so cool that you're going to see Sheryl Crow!! :):)

Jason said...

Just thinking about James Blunt's songs make my man parts shrivel up, but I figured I'd just say you got my vote again. But not for much longer with this post. More Springsteen, please :)

Linda said...

I get those three guys totally messed up myself and can't think of a single James Blunt song other than "You're Beautiful" either.

I'd love to see Sheryl Crow in concert but instead I get to go see bands like The Birthday Massacre and Mindless Self Indulgence! Earplugs really are a good thing!

Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

hehehehe...
the lyric and images are exciting..