Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Roxiticus Desperate Housewives Super-Celebration: 25,000th Visitor, 475th Post, Plus a Truckload of Awards

Whew...Visitor #25,000 snuck right past me this afternoon! He or she came in via BlogExplosion to vote on my current Battle of the Blogs against Casual Slack (quality nonsense, served up fresh -- daily). Visitor #25,000 came from Paris, Ile-de-France and only stayed long enough to vote. Come back and comment, Visitor #25,000! Let us know whether you voted for Roxiticus Desperate Housewives! Since I lost that battle (9-6), I'm going to guess "NO."

Underworld Spy Roxy's Suspicion: My powers of deduction are telling me that the 25,000th visitor to Roxiticus Desperate Housewives was my current Battle of the Blogs competitor, Kittie of What's New Pussycat.

I'd like to take this opportunity to celebrate a couple of Roxiticus Desperate Milestones and to accept a truckload of awards!

First, a very special award from my good blogosphere buddy, Cindi, who has presented Roxiticus Desperate Housewives with Moomette's Best WAHM Site, an award for Super WAHM-owned websites. While Rex and I own a small investment bank with an office in New York City, we frequently work from home, and I almost always blog from home, so I'm happy to qualify and honored to accept this tremendous award. Thanks, Cindi! One of Cindi's blogs, Moomettesgram's Musings, is going to be watching over Roxiticus Desperate Housewives from my EntreCard widget on Saturday, July 19th, so be sure to drop it like its hot and click through to Moomette!

Next, I have borrowed LadyJava's awards lorry to transport all of the awards that LJ and Mariuca shared with me all the way from Malaysia to the Roxiticus Valley! On the truck, you'll see:

  • The Arte y Pico Award;
  • The Share the Love Award;
  • The You Cheer Me Up Award for bloggers who cheer their readers up by making them laugh or feel good in their own special way;
  • The Perfect Blend of Friendship Award; and
  • The Cool Cat (aaaahchooo!) Award, among others.


Last, but not least, I'd like to thank all of you for visiting and reading, and to let you know that this is Post #475 on Roxiticus Desperate Housewives, and we're showing no signs of stopping. For the next three weeks, we're leading up to our Third Blogiversary Celebration on Tuesday, August 5, 2008, possibly to be combined with Post #500 and the grand unveiling of a brand new WordPress MU Community by Roxy...

Raise a glass!

13 comments:

LadyJava said...

Wow! What a celebration we have here Roxy! I see the truck driver made it here just fine.. You must have given him a good tip eh?!!

Congrats on all the awards!! You so deserved it!! Keep on Blogging gurlfriend!

Beamer said...

That is a crazy amount of blogging. Way too go.

Beamer

Anonymous said...

It's my pleasure to be minding the store for you this weekend & hope you'll be enjoying the beach! Visits to RDH always leave me smiling...or blushing! You've got your own style as a WAHM! Thanks for the link luv!

Jackie said...

Congrats on all the awards, may you get truckloads more.

Looking forward to your 500th post.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Thats really a success! all these awards show that you deserved it! Thanks for sharing. Nice website!

Mariuca said...

YAY!! Congrats on all the awards!! I love how u mentioned the awards came all the way from Malaysia he he!

And congrats on your 475th post, that's a whole lotta blogging! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Roxy! I am back with MPG and am planning to join BOTB tonight, if ya know what I mean. It's almost Friday here, so I wish u a great weekend with the kids and Rex. :):):)

Mariuca said...

Roxy!! You are on a 3-digit battle and didn't tell me about it? Tsk tsk tsk...here I am to vote he he!! ;)

Bugz said...

Congrats on all your awards. You work so hard on each and every one of your posts, you deserve them for sure. Here to vote for you on BOTB.

LadyJava said...

Hiya Roxy
I was voting for GP when I saw you battling as well.. so here's my vote for you!!! Good luck!!

Mariuca said...

LOL!! Your comment came in just as I'm abt to comment here. We ladies are on a roll tonight, totally in synch! I just voted for LJ and am giving u my vote this round as well, good luck! :):):)

Matthew S. Urdan said...

Congratulations on all your accolades. If you're through with the awards lorry, can I borrow it?

RoxiticusDH said...

Drive it away, Matt, what's mine is yours...except my old Canon Rebel XT, which is already in my Bay Head neighbor's hands.

Roxy