Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Roxy's Not Going Home Until They Play Brown Sugar!

In my wild single years, I saw my share of closing times at the Jersey Shore Bars. I'd frequently shout to the band, "I'm not going home 'til you play Brown Sugar!"

As we were preparing for the birth of our first daughter, London, my ob-gyn suggested that Rex and I bring along some favorite CDs to the hospital when it was time to deliver. After many many hours of hard labor, it was time to push, and Rex put Disc Two of the Rolling Stones' Hot Rocks collection on. Seven and a half songs later, London was born.

Why didn't she tell us "I'm not comin' out 'til you play Brown Sugar?"

I'd like to thank Ken Armstrong's Writing Stuff and his "Songs for Guys" post today for the inspiration. I'm also going to go ahead and nominate Ken for Hottest Daddy Blogger and encourage you to check him out and see if you agree.

7 comments:

Jason said...

Sticky Fingers is probably my favorite Stones album. Brown Sugar is good, but I like Can You Hear Me Knockin, Sway, and Moonlight Mile a little better.

RoxiticusDH said...

Jason,
I love Sticky Fingers, especially the album art...and if we'd brought that CD instead, I'd have given birth about a half hour earlier (Brown Sugar is the first song)...
Roxy

Jason said...

Let it Bleed would have to come in a close second. That late 60s to early 70s period was some of their best stuff.

Ferd said...

I did check out Ken's site, and I am really glad to see good stuff from a proud dad.
I'm going to check him out some more, but don't get the wrong idea. I'm not feeling the "hotness."

RoxiticusDH said...

Ferd,
Now you know you'll never kick the "guy in the goggles" image burned into my brain, but I think you're a hot daddy blogger, too.
Roxy

Anonymous said...

brown sugar is my favorite .

Mariuca said...

Hi Roxy! I used to demand that the DJ played "my song" he he he! And they usually did, think they didn't want me to stay there forever, cause I wouldn't leave until I heard it played LOL! ;)