Thursday, July 31, 2008

Prove It All Night: Roxiticus Desperate Housewives Spend the Last Night with the Boss at Giants Stadium


A handful of my loyal Roxiticus Desperate Housewives readers may know that Rex and I were married on the beach in Bay Head, New Jersey, almost ten years ago. I wore a white bikini, and we shared our first dance as husband and wife to two wedding songs: Prove It All Night and Jersey Girl.

I've been working real hard, trying to get my hands clean,
Tonight we'll drive that dusty road from Monroe to Angeline,
To buy you a gold ring and pretty dress of blue,
Baby just one kiss will get these things for you,
A kiss to seal our fate tonight,
A kiss to prove it all night.

Prove it all night,
Girl there's nothing else that we can do,
So prove it all night, prove it all night,
And girl I'll prove it all night for you.

Everybody's got a hunger, a hunger they can't resist,
There's so much that you want, you deserve much more than this,
But if dreams came true, oh, wouldn't that be nice,
But this ain't no dream we're living through tonight,
Girl, you want it, you take it, you pay the price.

Prove it all night,
Girl there's nothing else that we can do,
So prove it all night, prove it all night,
And girl I'll prove it all night for you.
Prove it all night, prove it all night girl and call the bluff,
Prove it all night, prove it all night and girl,
I prove it all night for your love.

Baby, tie your hair back in a long white bow,
Meet me in the fields out behind the dynamo,
You hear the voices telling you not to go,
They made their choices and they'll never know,
What it means to steal, to cheat, to lie,
What it's like to live and die.

Prove it all night,
Girl there's nothing else that we can do,
So prove it all night, prove it all night,
And girl I'll prove it all night for you.
To prove it all night...


Tonight, Bruce Springsteen finishes up his Magic tour with one last show at Giants Stadium and, thanks to Mary Alice's generosity, four of the Roxiticus Desperate Housewives will be there.

The set lists from the two earlier Giants Stadium shows are totally different, giving us no idea what to expect, other than Girls In Their Summer Clothes and Born to Run among the encores of a solid 3-hour performance. Sunday's show opened with Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out and closed with Rosalita. Monday's show started with Out in the Street and ended with Twist and Shout. Encores on Monday night also included Thunder Road, the only lullaby that worked when my daughters were babies...they still ask me, "Mommy, sing Screen Door Slams!"

7 comments:

Jason said...

Now that's a concert I would want to see. I am so jealous. It's going to be a great show. My dad's from Jersey and has been an avid Springsteen fan my whole life. I've always had an appreciation, but only really considered myself a fan recently. Here's a video of my daughter going wild to Rosalita. Please let me know if they play Candy's Room. That's my personal favorite, though pretty much anything from Darkness on the Edge of Town or Born to Run are particularly sweet.

Mariuca said...

Roxy! I won I won! Yeeha! Let's make sure u win ur BOTB now! :):):)

Ken Armstrong said...

Enjoy! I'm going to see Tom Waits tomorrow night - As you know, he wrote 'Jersey Girl' :)

Rizza said...

wow, that's wonderful... i wish i could be married in my bikinis as well :D

Mariuca said...

Roxy! I'm baaaack! I bet u made a gorgeous bride in that white bikini! Too bad there will be no sharing of Roxy pics here right? ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow I wish I too could have been to this concert indeed! The two songs are fabulous indeed! I am bookmarking this wonderful write-up: http://delicious.com/britneyvaughan

cover letter layout said...

Would've loved to see him live!