Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Beware the Icy Roads... Safe Travels If You're Out in This New Jersey Weather

We've just received our phone call and e-mail alerts from the Mendham Township Superintendent of Schools Kristopher Harrison that London and Maddie don't have to go to bed just yet... they can sleep in tomorrow morning because there's a two hour delayed opening at school tomorrow due to the icy weather here in the Roxiticus Valley, New Jersey. I'm not surprised about the delayed opening. When Rex and I arrived home on the train from New York City tonight, our new red jewel GMC Acadia that we park at the Bernardsville train station was covered in a sheet of ice and Rex had to scrape off the windshield before we could proceed.

Well, I wish I was in Branson, hooray, hooray.... Seriously, they say there is no better place to relax and unwind than in Branson, Missouri. If the roads are clear in the morning, Rex will be having breakfast at CocoLuxe in Peapack, NJ, with a good friend who travels out to the Midwest from time to time to visit family, and raves about the sights and sounds of Branson. Nestled in the Missouri Ozark Mountains and situated right in the heart of the entertainment capital of the Midwest, you'll find two hotels that celebrate winter instead of hiding from it. I love the nightlife, I got to boogie, in the disco 'round, oh yeah... the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing (celebrating its second anniversary) and Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel offer their guests convenient access to nightlife, boutiques, restaurants, a river walk and other attractions. The Branson town square features an impressive water fountain with a light and fire display choreographed to music.

Hiltonsocial-ad-300x400

Even if I only get there in my mind, I'm making up a list of things to do in Branson, Missouri:

  1. The Third Annual Ice Carving. Last time it snowed here, I posted a snow woman that may inspire London and Maddie to create their own competitive ice sculptures in our front yard. In Branson, local ice sculptors take winter seriously and go all out with their designs.
  2. The 2009 Polar Plunge. Well, I wouldn't DO it, but I would watch!
  3. Relaxing in affordable luxury with the Winter Escape Package available at either the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing or the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel.

Won't you join me? Next time, I wanna go surfing in my imagination...

Post?slot_id=

1 comments:

Jose said...

Hola! When you come and visit my blog look on my side bar and you will find that you now have your own little button.

This morning my car was covered with ice, this is Phoenix, Arizona for heavens sake.