Thursday, January 01, 2009

Roxy's Recipes: Grandmom's Italian Meat Sauce (for Pasta)

Although Rex does almost all of the cooking in our family, and my older sisters like to joke that I'm helpless in the kitchen, the truth is that I just don't enjoy cooking on a regular basis. I do have a few favorite recipes that I make from time to time. One of them is passed along by my mom, who makes the best Italian meat sauce for pasta, but I've made enough adjustments to her recipe over the years to call it my own. I should add that my hairdresser and good friend Madeline confused me for years by referring to Italian meat sauce for pasta as "gravy."

After a perfect New Year's Eve at home, including four live Maine lobsters and two bottles of bubbly, Rex and I decided to spend New Year's Day together in the kitchen. He made two of my favorites for dinner tonight: Rosemary Meat Loaf and Macaroni and Cheese. I'll be posting those recipes over the next day or so. With a little help from Rex and Maddie, I made a big pot of...

Grandmom's Italian Meat Sauce for Pasta (Continue reading)

4 comments:

Sabiq said...

hmmm...srruuppp...
this recipe make me hungry.. :D
may i'll try this sauce.. :D

Mariuca said...

Oh no Roxy, can't see ur EC today! refreshing 3rd time now, wish me luck! ;)

Mariuca said...

Hi Roxy, I'm back and I see ur EC now, drop! :)

Thanks for the recipe at ur other site, would love to try this one day, really does look yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know that I am closing down my blog and have transfered my BE points to you : ) I love your blog and will continue to be a faithful reader!