Sunday, January 25, 2009

What Women Want: Shoes?

I have not yet had the chance to read Daniel Bergner's article in today's New York Times Magazine about "What Women Want," but see that some of the possibilities include eye candy, intimacy, fantasy, and Denzel Washington. I wouldn't be surprised if, at least for some of my fellow Roxiticus Desperate Housewives, the answer turned out to be: Shoes. I've often told my girls, "you can never have too many friends or too many pairs of shoes," but that's just an expression I adapted from a movie rather than part of Roxy's reality. I think the original quote was "you can never be too thin, too rich, or have too many pairs of shoes," but I can't recall the movie... does anyone out there want to venture a guess?

I have discovered a closet full of Ferragamo pumps that are making their way back into my daily rotation as Rex and I spend more time on our investment banking practice in New York City, but I'm much happier in a pair of top siders or sneakers, or barefoot in the kitchen. I did see the hot little number on the left on a recent visit to the daniblack shoes web site, and thought a pair of these Riley sandals would take the bored out of the Board room and let me live on the edge with laser cut leather & studs... do you agree? What do women want?

0 comments: