Thursday, September 25, 2008

London and Maddie Recommend...Happy Birthday, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty MacDonald and Anne MacDonald Canham

Do you remember Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle? I vividly recall sitting on the rug in the library at Old York School in Branchburg, New Jersey, listening to the librarian, Mrs. Hagan, as she read to our class from the original Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books. Now, 50 years later (OK, not fifty years since I was in elementary school, but fifty years since the original books were published), Mrs. Piggle Wiggle is back!

Published in 2008, Happy Birthday, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle is a brand-new bundle of wonderfully magical cures for any bad habit. Tonight at bedtime, I finished reading the last chapter to London and Maddie, and I have to confess that I have two favorite cures that I wish Mrs. Piggle-WIggle could apply to our household: The Messy Stuff-and-Cram Cure for my untidy daughters, and The Never-Finish Cure for their procrastinating mom. Right now I'm blogging instead of finishing my taxes.

1 comments:

Mariuca said...

He he right now I'm dropping my EC instead of paying my bills online LOL! Happy weekend Roxy! :)