Friday, August 15, 2008

Black River Music & Art Festival in Chester Tomorrow: Saturday, August 16, 2008


The Black River Music and Art Fest, coming to Chester, New Jersey on Saturday, August 16th, is a FREE all day event featuring some of the best local original musical acts as well as numerous visual artists displaying their work. Last year’s event drew an estimated 9,000 people, and they're expecting an even bigger turnout at this year's Black River Festival.

The Black River Music and Art Fest features music in many different genres, including rock, folk, hip-hop, and rockabilly. With the two electric stages, the two courtyards featuring acoustic music and small combos, plus the Original Music School Family Area featuring musical performances, clowns, artwork and other family-oriented activities, there is truly something for everyone.

Continue reading for the complete 2008 musical lineup (locations, bands and hour-by-hour schedules)

Parking: Plenty of street parking is available in downtown Chester.

Food: Chester has many different food establishments to serve attendees. A handful of food merchants will have booths throughout town, in addition to serving food in their usual locations.

Seating: Bales of hay will be provided by Plant Detectives, and attendees are encouraged to bring beach chairs as well.

Bathrooms: Additional portable bathrooms will be provided on Perry Street on the day of the event.

Date(s): This year's event will take place on Saturday, August 16, 2008, with a rain date of Sunday, August 17th.

3 comments:

Wally Banners said...

Dear Roxie: I never have loved the USA so much as I did in Rome. Our Nation is so intense that no amount of words in the human language can describe its wondrous qualities. I have prostrated myself before the Pope, danced with Countesses, got busted by cops, scored hash and carried it with me through all of Europe's borders. I took trains, planes, ships and automobiles. Got banned for F-eefing France forever that one hurt later. Dinned at the finest restaurants, drank the oldest wines, dated a girl half my age, danced in clubs and held my own. Killed an African dude in Florence's train station it was ruled self defense Thank God for the Mafia and security cam tapes.
Saw Vampires I know man, I know, but I saw Them! Came back feeling young and self content. Roxie a mid life crisis for a single crazy like me is terrible. It doesn't matter what you desire the minute you earn it or get it, you no longer want it. Am doing cover calls now am just taking it easy on the market. Hehe got see my bullion at Swiss bank in Geneva. Never thought I had so much. Ill post pics soon. Hey before I forget Geneva's Ramada Hotel is Fantastic! and the chocolate mouse is unbelievable. What to hear something funny at Geneva's lake placid. I was starving so at a restaurant there the waitress mentioned my dinner came with baked potatoes. I was like YES!!!!! and I went on to describe the garnishes I wanted on it, sour creme bacon bits the works. She brought out with steak Potatoes wedges and she was proud. Inside I was like ok that's it am going home. Lol nice to hear from you Roxie!

Mariuca said...

Good afternoon Roxy! Am taking some time to do my drops before we leave for a very late brunch! ;)

Thanks so much for all ur comments, I hope ur hard drive situation is getting better. Are u guys at the beach house already? Must be having lotsa fun, seems like you are there every weekend! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Roxy, I'm back with MPG! Don't forget to bring me some of those pretty seashells later! :)