Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Happy Blogiversary To Me

Today is Tuesday, August 5th, 2008, and that means it is time to celebrate the third Blogiversary of Roxiticus Desperate Housewives.

First, some statistics. Despite my previous calculation of a 475th post some time ago, I've done a bit of housekeeping here and deleted a few things and determined that this post is number 477, so unless I blog like a banshee over the next few days, I won't likely make it to Post #500 during Blogiversary Celebration Week. As I hit "Publish Post," Sitemeter reports 29,050 visitors since I started blogging in earnest back in February 2008...I have no idea what the number would be going back to August 2005...you could probably add ten or twenty to the current number and come close!
On BlogExplosion, Roxiticus Desperate Housewives has participated in 407 battles and is currently ranked #265 with a losing record of 169 wins and 238 losses. More importantly, I've made terrific blogosphere buddies like Mariuca and LadyJava and Matt (MTMD) and Jason Buckley and Wally Banners and SpicyBug. EntreCard lists me as a dedicated dropper with a hint of addiction. Again, lots of new blogosphere buddies including Henson and Cindi (Moomette) and Ferd and the Mom with Brownies. If you don't already know each other, please visit each other's blogs and introduce yourselves!
Since starting my first blog, I've gone a bit crazy and added ten more, two of which I update on a regular basis: Bay Head Blog and Roxiticus Best Blogs. There's a blog for each of my daughters, a blog for Rex's Recipes, and a blog for my more personal memoirs. I am quite excited to be getting close to introducing a whole new look for Roxy with a self-hosted WordPress MU (multi-user) community of Roxy blogs...I hope you'll enjoy the new site as much as I expect to enjoy posting there.
I'd like to thank everyone for visiting, especially those loyal readers who come back every day and share your comments.
Roxy

14 comments:

Spicybugz said...

Happy Anniversary Roxy. Thanks for the linky love. I'm really glad you blog!

Meg Sioson said...

Happy Blogiversary! Bree.

Ferd said...

WooHoo !!!!

Anonymous said...

3 years...impressive. Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy the self-hosted blog much more.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and great job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

LadyJava said...

Happy 3rd Blogoversary Roxy.. may there be many more years and many more blogs!!

I really got to keep track of my own so I can have my own blogoversary party eh..

Mister Scott said...

happy blogiversary!

Matthew S. Urdan said...

CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Mariuca said...

Yeeha!!! Happy third birthday RDH!! May u be even more successful and loved by many more, starting with this Botb today! ;)

Thanks for the linky love dear, it has been an absolute pleasure getting to know you and ur blogs (so how many do u have now?!). Lotsa love and hugs for u on this awesome day! :):):)

emilayusof said...

Happy Blogiversary Roxy!

Mo and The Purries said...

Congrats on your 3rd Blogoversary!!!!

Mariuca said...

Roxy! Am back to drop off my EC, a huge choc cake for ur birthday bash and more HUGS!! :):):)

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! What an appropriate date ~ my new grandson was born today, and now this date will also serve as a reminder of the friendships I've made through you and your fine blog!

Thanks for the link luv!

Have some Bubbly! Cheers!