Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sympathy for the Housewife or Windows Vista Jinx? Hard Drive Crash Put Roxiticus Desperate Housewives Out of Commission for Almost a Week!

Mick Jagger says that weird things often happen to the Rolling Stones when they play "Sympathy for the Devil." And after posting "Sympathy for the Housewife," my introduction to Roxy's Best Of... at 3:30am on Tuesday, August 12th, I can tell you that weird, bad things happened to my PC. I went to sleep for four hours before waking up to take London and Maddie to Pavan's Tennis Academy at Fox Chase Tennis Club. When I got back to the house and tried to boot up my souped-up HP notebook, it was dead. I started to think I had jinxed myself with my "Please Don't Freeze" post about Windows Vista Small Business Assurance only three days before! After hours on the phone with various tech support people, the problem seems to be a horrifying blend of hardware and software issues ("serious display driver error," "unrecoverable system crash," to name a few of the kind messages Bill Gates' Dog has delivered). I've spent the past five days recovering my business and personal programs, documents, photos, and e-mail to a new PC. Yesterday, I laid my old computer to rest in a pine box and shipped it off to Hewlett-Packard.

Thanks to my loyal readers for your patience with my lack of posting...I've tried to use Rex's Mac to make at least minimal EntreCard drops and commenting rounds of the blogosphere. I'll tell you all the Staples "that was too easy" story after our Bay Head Family Reunion disperses on Tuesday. In the meantime, let's all sing along with Roxy, the song that caused so much trouble:

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a gal of wealth and taste
I've been bloggin' around for three long, long years
Stole many a man's soul and faith


And I was 'round when Garden State Ballet
Added Randolph to the chain
Made damn sure that Sammy's
Washed their hands before you ate


Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name (Roxy)
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game
I stuck around Peapack-Gladstone

When I saw it was a time for a change
Cafe Azzurro served up dinners
Coco Luxe set out a cake


I rode a tank
In the Fox Chase rank
When Pavan's tennis camp raged
And the munchkins' shots sank


Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, whats puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah


I watched with glee
While London and Maddie
Danced and sang and played
At Annie's Summer Stars finale





I shouted out,
Who's got dinner for me?
When after all
It was Sweet Louie


Let me please introduce myself
I'm a gal of wealth and taste
And I made plans for Oysters Bingo
appetizers when we reached Limestone Cafe

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But whats puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game

Just as every Far Hills cop calls me criminal
And the Perrotti Brothers Butchers saints
As heads is tails
Just call me ROXY
cause I'm in need of some restraint

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name (Roxy)
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game (Roxy)
Woo, who
Oh yeah, get on down
Oh yeah
Oh yeah!
Tell me baby, whats my name (Roxy)
Tell me honey, can ya guess my name (Roxy)
Tell me baby, what's my name (Roxy)
I tell you one time, you're to blame (Roxy)
Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who
Ooo, who, who


Please click on any of the links to explore my new Roxy's Best Of... WordPress MU Community, and do let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Roxy

12 comments:

Mariuca said...

Hola Roxy! Let's hope no more weird things happen to you or to me okay? HUGS! I'm glad u are back in biz, and thanks so much for taking the time and effort to drop on me and comment away at my blogs despite your predicament! :):):)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I really like how you changed the lyrics, subtile but fun :) You must know I like that song very much, though I prefer the Guns'n roses version.
Anyway I hope it doesn't have to much impact on your blogging activities;)

Greets Julia

Ferd said...

BUMMER, Roxy! I hate even minor computer glitches. Thank god I've never had a complete meltdown like yours! I just might have to do a grateful post about my Macs. I'm one of those rabidly loyal zombie mac cultists. (Mac can do Windows) (That was subliminal)
; )

Mariuca said...

Hi dear! I'm here with Mariuca! Bright and early, well actually it's already afternoon here, but still considered early for me LOL! Have a great day Roxy! :)

Mariuca said...

Back with MPG and it's 4.51 pm now. Hoping to finish this round before B gets home, we're going out for dinner tonight! Me too lazy too cook he he! Plus, need to celebrate me finally finishing that "job" YAY! :):):)

Anonymous said...

From time to time I look gladly here past, in order to read the well written contributions as suggestions. Here I would like to leave a greeting from Thuringia in Germany!

Anonymous said...

so, there are some talent hiding inside you.like the funny rap.i like your way of writing.really smart.
waiting for your next post like this.

Ann said...

Sorry to hear about your computer crashing on you! Ever thought about permanently switching to Mac? I switched about a year ago and haven't looked back.

Anonymous said...

Computer crashes suck. Desperate Housewives is awesome. First time at your blog and it looks like you're almost as big a fan as me! In case you didn't know, I found the new ABC starter kits, including the Desperate Housewives series recap!

http://abc.go.com/player/?channel=125571

Michelle said...

Wow, that's a bummer. Computer problems are no fun. It seems like every time I have computer issues I love to use the windows restore option. It's saved me many times. Hope things starting getting better for you. Good luck.

Mariuca said...

Good evening Roxy! It's almost dinner time for me and looks like I'll be having Mc Ds tonight, been a while too anyway. Looks like you're just abt to start ur day yeah? I am in a good mood today, although earlier I was kinda down. Am ready to start a new BOTB, later tonight, see ya then! :):):)

Anonymous said...

those were cool lyrics and I am now driven to ask this question from you...planning to switch to Hollywood??

I have faced situations where my system freezes and the only way out if reformatting.

Hopefully you will soon be on track like I come back non track once I reformatted by system...

its easy job and hardly takes over an hour..