Friday, December 19, 2008

Grandmom Is Home for the Holidays! Roxy Sends a Shout Out to Bridgeway Care Center in Bridgewater, NJ

My loyal Roxiticus Desperate Housewives readers may remember that just over a month ago, my 83-year-old mother fell in her driveway and broke her pelvis. There's not much anyone can do for a broken pelvis, other than bed rest and physical therapy to help the patient heal. So after a couple of days in the hospital, Grandmom headed out to The Pavilion at Bridgeway for Sub-Acute Care and Rehabilitation in Bridgewater, New Jersey, to begin her rehabilitation and recovery.

No question, getting old (particularly over 80) is tough. My mom has had several six-week visits to Bridgeway over the past eight years -- an automobile accident, double knee replacement surgery, a broken femur, and now the broken pelvis. She's a tough cookie, and does her time in rehab with few complaints. In fact, Grandmom has only had highly positive experiences with Bridgeway's rehab program, so I wanted to give them a brief shout out for taking such good care of my mom. She raves about the food (including a Thanksgiving feast), the physical therapy, the kindness of the nurses and aides. I'm thankful that I can't speak to the Long-Term Care (nursing home) side of Bridgeway, but I know that I'm going to consider their Avalon Assisted Living facility on my mother's behalf. I'm afraid that although her mind is still incredibly sharp, my mom has become too fragile to live on her own.

Thanks, Bridgeway, for getting Grandmom home in time to spend the holidays with London and Maddie!

0 comments: