Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How Do You Celebrate Winter?

Whether I'm on the phone with a client in the mid-west or surfing the blogosphere, I've been hearing a lot about the first big snowstorms of the winter season here in the United States. We've certainly been hit with our share of snow, ice and cold weather in the Roxiticus Valley, and the winter wonderland outside got me thinking about how to celebrate winter instead of suffering through the cold months ahead. While London and Maddie love the beach as much as I do, they still look forward to snow days off from school when they can head outside to build a snowman, or pump up their snow tubes to slide down the hill in our back yard. Rex and I used to get out west to ski for a week or two every year, but we haven't ventured to Deer Valley or Vail since I was pregnant with London eight year ago. I have to admit that my current concept of a winter sport involves sitting by the fireplace and enjoying a family game of Monopoly or Scrabble.

One of my friends who always spent the holidays with her family in Missouri told me that there is no better place to relax than in Branson. Diane will be getting on a plane tonight and heading out with her new husband to spend Christmas and New Year's Eve with her mom, dad, and brother. Luckily, she no longer stays in the bedroom she slept in as a little girl. Instead, she'll be at either the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing or the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel, so when it comes time to take a break from family (and that time will come I know!), Diane can relax with a river walk or the spa, taking time to enjoy the shops, boutiques, restaurants, and other attractions of her home town. The Branson town square features a spectacular water fountain with a light and fire display choreographed to music, just right for the holidays.

While we're huddled indoors in New Jersey, Branson celebrates winter with ongoing events such as the Third Annual Ice Carving, the 2009 Polar Plunge and the 2nd Anniversary of the Hilton Promenade, live entertainment and theaters.

Hiltonsocial-ad-300x400


I've heard so much from my friend about Celebration City, Table Rock Lake, Silver Dollar City...all the sights to see and the local events that celebrate the season make me want to head out to Branson, Missouri with Diane and take advantage of the Winter Escape Package at the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing and the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel. At a minimum, I'm going to get London and Maddie started on some down home ice sculptures right here in our back yard.

How do you and your family celebrate winter? Will you take the polar plunge or stay cozy indoors?

Post?slot_id=

0 comments: