Friday, December 19, 2008

Snowed In! Let's Build A Snowman and Snuggle in for Family Movie Night

"Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of stopping,
And I've bought some corn for popping,
The lights are turned way down low,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

When we finally kiss goodnight,
How I'll hate going out in the storm
But if you'll really hold me tight,
All the way home I'll be warm.

The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still good-bying,
But as long as you love me so,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!"

As I mentioned in my earlier post, London and Maddie have no school today, and a winter storm warning is in effect for the Greater Roxiticus Valley. As soon as Rex returns home from the store with some provisions for the snowy weekend, we're going to head out into the yard to build a snowman and do our first sledding for the winter. It looks like the snow is just right for packing into snowballs and snowmen, but the forecast calls for the sleet and freezing rain to come down on top of it later in the afternoon.

That's when we'll come inside to warm up with a hot bath, hot apple cider, and get ready for an early family movie night. As the song says, we've got some corn for popping, so we'll have a nice big red bowl of popcorn to share and we'll settle in to "watch something" as Maddie is fond of saying. I think we'll have time for at least a double, maybe even triple, feature, so London and Maddie will have to pick out some choices from our family DVD collection or take a look at the new films available on pay-per-view. I'm going to check out the video trailer below for All Roads Lead Home The Movie and see if the girls would like to see it as part of our family movie night.




And since we've no place to go...Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Post?slot_id=29029&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

0 comments: