Friday, December 19, 2008

Kerchoonz! No, I Didn't Sneeze, It's a Cool New Music Social Network

Unknown

Kerchoonz! No, Roxy isn't coming down with a cold, Kerchoonz isn't a sneeze, it's a cool new music and social networking site. Now, my loyal Roxiticus Desperate Housewives readers know that my almost eight year old daughter, London, and her almost seven year old sister, Maddie, have started a basement (it's too cold in the garage) band called The Butter Bites. They started out with High School Musical and Hannah Montana covers, but the two of them have started to write their own song lyrics.... my favorite is about a sleepover and ends with the line, "Hold my hand, I'll take you home."

So, I've signed up for free with Kerchoonz... it's a social network music destination that gives listeners free music (streams and downloads) while ensuring the artists (like The Butter Bites) and labels are paid (through advertising revenue). Musicians and fans can all make money by referring other bands and artists to the site. It looks like the girls and I will have a lot of fun with Kerchoonz. For starters, we can listen to other people's music and watch indie artist videos. Then, when The Butter Bites are ready to take their act on the road, we can upload a video of their first hit single... "Hold My Hand, I'll Take You Home" may be number one on the Hot 100 with a bullet!



Check out the Kerchoonz video, and remember... if you're in the Roxiticus Valley during the holiday season, stop in and jam with The Butter Bites. If the house is a rockin', don't bother knockin'... come on in!

Post?slot_id=

0 comments: