Saturday, December 06, 2008

Roxy Sits On Santa's Lap and Makes a Wish: Good Health for All, and Fight Hunger in New Jersey

Rex, London, Maddie and I are headed in to New York City tomorrow to our old West Village stomping grounds... we'll have lunch with friends who still live in our old co-op building on the Hudson River, walk Bleecker Street and do some holiday shopping at the boutiques that have gone waaaay too designer and upscale for a simple girl like Roxy, and maybe the girls and their friends will get their photo taken with the Marc Jacobs Santa. Then we'll head over for cocktails and dinner with my niece, Candy, and her husband at Market Table.

As you may have read in my post about Blogging Out Hunger ("We Can't Let This Bank Fail"), I've got a wish to whisper in Santa's ear. Instead of talking to Santa in person tomorrow, I've already made my wish online with the Ceiva Digital Frames Online Santa in the photo above. My family has enough material things to last a lifetime, so I'm wishing for good health (for my family and yours) and a team of 100 bloggers to help fight hunger through the Community FoodBank of New Jersey.

The whole "Sit On Santa's Lap" online video experience was kind of funny, particularly when I look back with nostalgia on the days of being a little kid going with my mom and dad to talk to Santa at a local shopping mall. If the line for photos with Santa in New York City turns out to be too long, I may have to share the online experience with London and Maddie, who always start a long list for Santa in July but end up happy with whatever he delivers when they wake up and find it under our tree on Christmas morning.

CEIVA, the people who bring you cool digital photo frames and the online Sit On Santa's Lap video experience, are running a contest to grant one wish per day. One random entry will be selected for each day of the contest through the end of December, with a sweet cash prize of $500 per winner.

Post?slot_id=

0 comments: