Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Roxy's Blogolutions: Better Content in 2009

I've been serious about my blogging here at Roxiticus Desperate Housewives for almost a year now, and I've also spent the year trying to learn from my fellow bloggers. I've "done my time" with EntreCard and BlogExplosion, driving traffic to my own blog while discovering some amazingly talented writers and some friends who make me smile day after day. In the New Year 2009, Rex and I are committed to working harder and being more productive in our investment banking business, and that will likely reduce my time spent in and around the blogosphere. I will therefore be focused on making the most of my time, which means spending less time on indiscriminate traffic driving techniques and more time visiting and commenting on my favorite blogs.

Something I noticed when competing for Hottest Mommy Blogger in the Bloggers Choice Awards is that famous bloggers like Dooce don't rely on traffic exchanges to drive visitors to their sites (Dooce is apparently so popular that she's shut off comments from visitors...what would I do without hearing from all of you??!!). Most of my favorite bloggers seem to spend more time writing great content than they do visiting other people's blogs. I've certainly noticed that when I write a great post about something meaningful to me, I'm much more likely to win in BlogExplosion's Battle of the Blogs. So that's where I'm headed with Roxiticus Desperate Housewives in the New Year 2009... trying to make things more interesting for my readers, and over on Roxy's Best Of... I'll be working hard to build local content on the best kid stuff (toddler activities, kiddie birthday party venues, sports teams and clinics, ballet, gymnastics, tennis, singing and acting lessons), restaurants, food and wine, art and culture, and local community events in New Jersey and to recruit new local bloggers to blog about their faves in a town near you.

I'm interested in hearing from my loyal readers about how you spend your time in the blogosphere... I've noticed some friends dropping out of EntreCard, but I think I'll just stay in and cut back on my "dropping" habit. I find that seeing my friends' EntreCards in my inbox reminds me to stop by and see what's new around the world. What are your Blogolutions for the New Year 2009?

7 comments:

Mizé said...

Hi Roxy.
I agree, great blogs don´t need to use EC, some have organic traffic from SE while others have so many readers that they even close comments. I like socializing, I wouldn´t close comments even if I couldn´t return them.
EC distracts me from other important tasks, it´s very time consuming, but I´m so used to visit my favorite blogs trough the system.
Anyway, I was here to thanks your comment. If you meant "Vilamoura", it´s near (only 20 m driving) where I live, in Faro, the capital of Algarve. If you come to Faro, and if you´d like, we can meet for a coffe or a drink.
Prosperous New Year!

mystique said...

Cheers to the new year!!!Have a blessed 2009!!!


Mystique ^_^

Mariuca said...

Hi Roxy! It looks like u have some great ideas for the NY. I'd like to reduce my EC dropping time, it really does take too much time away from other things. But just like Mize, I'm so used to dropping and commenting via EC. :)

Mariuca said...

I'm here to toast 2009 with ya, here's to a beautiful year ahead, online and offline! :):):)

Mariuca said...

The first day of the year and I had a sinus attack, been sneezing the whole day so all my kids are locked up in their cat condo he he! ;)

Henson Ray said...

Just stopped by to wish you and yours a very Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I am still stick on entrecard even though not active dropper. by the way my blog having giveaway :)

Happy New Year