Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hip Hop and Country Music

I'm probably the only person you know who likes both hip hop and country music, and shuffles them together on my iPod's Five Star mix. When I worked for Hot 97 in NYC but wished I could be selling ads on the country station instead, I used to make up songs that combined the top rap artists with the best country songs at the time. I Got A Man shares a message with What Part of No Don't You Understand? Snoop Dogg's Gin & Juice works nicely with John Anderson's Straight Tequila Night. You get the picture.

More than a decade later, with no country music station in town and most of the rap too hardcore for my taste, it seems harder to find new music in either genre that isn't overplayed on the mainstream radio stations. I find country music on Sirius Satellite Radio in my Jeep, and found a new web site where I can explore the top rap artists.

0 comments: