Monday, March 03, 2008

Monday, March 3rd is "Read Across America Day" (and "Screen-Free Family Night")


In honor of Dr. Seuss, who inspired readers young and old, March 2nd (or in this case, March 3rd) is set aside each year as the day that reading is celebrated nationwide. My kids brought home a flyer from school letting me know that in lieu of homework, their teachers are encouraging children and their parents to engage in activities that do not utilize screens of any kind....no TV, no video games, no computer games, no Internet surfing....I guess that means I'll be logging off my computer as soon as I finish this post to start a night of READING, board games, word puzzles, cooking, jigsaw puzzles. Sure is lucky that Championship Week doesn't start until tomorrow night. Roxiticus Desperate Housewives UNPLUGGED!!


0 comments: