Thursday, March 20, 2008

An Ounce of Prevention...

Earlier this year, my family traveled to Palm Beach for a long weekend tie-in to one of Rex's Board meetings. Wouldn't you know it, after three perfect days by the pool at the Breakers, my daughter wakes up at midnight, screaming with an ear infection. As a mom, I can't tell you how awful it feels to have to tell someone in pain "we'll have to wait and find a doctor in the morning." By 10am, the doctor actually paid us a "house call" in our room, and let me know that he's on call 24/7 and would have come out in the middle of the night. Of course, even the concierge at the Breakers isn't on duty at midnight, so I would have had to know about the doctor in advance of the emergency.

Next time I go on vacation, I'll have to plan my crises before we leave the Roxiticus Valley. On that note, if you're on vacation in San Diego, California, and have a little too much to drink at the bar at La Valencia in La Jolla and you see those red lights a-flashing in the rear view mirror, here's a link for a California DUI Attorney with a solid "victory record." An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Of course, you could just drink a little less or call a cab back to your hotel.

0 comments: