Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New Governor and Wife Turn Blind Eye to Each Other's Affairs

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one (and why are there no Lasik advertising opportunities available when you need one?).... Just hours after David Paterson received a standing ovation from lawmakers chanting his name, New York's newly sworn governor was answering questions about straying from his own marriage. At least he didn't have to pay for it.

Here's the latest on our own former NJ governor McGreevey and his wife's three-way. Former New Jersey governor Jim McGreevey said Monday that he and his wife and a male aide (Teddy Pedersen) engaged in sexual threesomes, contradicting a denial issued hours earlier by his estranged wife. Pedersen said he had consensual sex with the couple for about two years before McGreevey became governor. He said he only had "contact" with Dina McGreevey during the trysts, and wasn't sure whether McGreevey was gay. My question is, why is this all coming out now? McGreevey envious of all the attention Eliot Spitzer is getting? I assume that somehow Jim McGreevey thinks it will help his divorce case, but how? Perhaps something along the lines of "Dina knew I was gay, but due to my self-sacrificing nature, I brought my friend in to service her in a three-way....I did it all for her!"

I am hoping that the variety of scandals in the news will be good for the economy.

0 comments: