Thursday, November 20, 2008

Easy As A, B, C...

You went to school to learn girl
things you never knew before
like "I before E except after C" and why 2 plus 2 makes 4
now, now, now
I'm gonna teach you, teach you, teach you
all about love girl, all about love
sit yourself down, take a seat
all you gotta do is repeat after me

A B C , It's easy as
1 2 3 , as simple as
do re mi, A B C, 1 2 3
baby you and me girl

Come on and love me just a little bit
Im gonna teach you how to sing it out
come on, come on, come on
let me tell you what its all about
reading, writing, arithmatic
are the branches of the learning tree
but without the roots of love everyday girl
your education aint complete
teachers gonna show you (shes gonna show you)
how to get an A? (na,na,na,na,na,na)
how to spell me? you? add the two
listen to me baby thats all you got to do

Oh,
A B C , Its easy as
1 2 3 , as simple as
do re mi, A B C, 1 2 3
baby you and me girl
A B C its easy, its like counting up to 3
singing simple melodies
thats how easy love can be
singing simple melodies
1 2 3 baby you and me

Why the Jackson Five lyrics? The lovely, gracious and talented Mariuca got me with the A,B,C tag. It looked simple and fun, so here goes:

A. Attached or single? Happily married to Rex.

B. Best friend? Also Rex, though if we said best girl friend it would have to be Melissa, who I have known since the sixth grade.

C. Cake or pie? Rex cooks every meal in our household, but when it comes time to bake, that's Roxy's job. I like both cake and pie, but since Thanksgiving is coming next week, I'm going to go with pumpkin pie, with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.

D. Day of choice? As the Bay City Rollers would say "S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y!" The first day of the weekend...we can wake up late and lounge around and in the summer we head straight to the beach in Bay Head, NJ.

E. Essential item? Like Mariuca, it's my laptop. For business and blogging, I don't go anywhere without it.

F. Favorite color? Blue, though London and Maddie have gotten me much more comfortable with pink and purple.

G. Gummy bears or worms? Gummy bears for me please!

H. Hometown? Born in Plainfield, New Jersey (home of Henson's Hell), grew up in Branchburg, and I plan to spend the rest of my days in Mendham, NJ.

I. Favorite indulgence? Fudge-like brownies, no nuts....along with a hot mug of coffee and a good book.

J. January or July? January is London's birthday month, so it holds a special place in my heart, but I'd have to say July since I love summer at the beach.

K. Kids? Two beautiful girls...London and Maddie.

L. Life isn’t complete without? Rex, London and Maddie.

M. Marriage date? September 19, 1998. Rex and I just celebrated our tenth anniversary, along with London and Maddie, at the Bernards Inn in Bernardsville, NJ.

N. Number of magazine subscriptions? Hmmm...let's say 3 that come to me -- Cookie, Parenting, and the Reader's Digest, though Rex gets a few others and so do the girls. I used to get Cosmo but it must have expired since I haven't seen any of those great sex tips lately.

O. Oranges or apples? Apples.

P. Phobias? Mushrooms and taxicabs....I've been hit by a taxi in Manhattan and Rex and I were in a taxi that spun out of control and left us hanging upside down (in a state of shock but otherwise unharmed) in a ditch a few feet from a cliff on our honeymoon in Corsica.

Q. Quotes? From Casey Kasem, "Keep your feet on the ground, but keep reaching for the stars!"

R. Reasons to smile? Rex, London, Maddie and my good friends, the real Roxiticus Desperate Housewives.

S. Season of choice? Summer, Summer, and more Summer!

T. Tag 5 people. I'm going to tag more than five, hope that's OK: SpicyBug for good luck, Henson (the funniest person I know) and hope he has time to "do the homework," as well as a few friends who signed up to "follow this blog"... Shelly (the Mom with Brownies, my favorite indulgence), Maitri, MamaFlo, Health Nut Wannabee Mom, Mik, Elaine, Darlene, Lucky Lady and Lola (watch out, she bites!). It's a great way to learn more about new blogosphere buddies so I'll try to catch up with all of you on my EntreCard rounds over the next few days...and if I missed anyone and the tag looks like fun to you, please leave me a comment to tag yourself and I'll add you to my list.

U. Unknown fact about me? If I told you, it wouldn't be unknown, now would it?

V. Vegetable? Corn on the cob.

W. Worst habit? Biting my fingernails.

X. X-ray or ultrasound? Ultrasound.

Y. Your favorite foods? Anything Rex cooks, but celebration dinners at the Bernards Inn, the Limestone Cafe, Grill 73, Theresa's South, or Dennis Foy's Bay Point Prime. I also enjoy sushi and most everything spicy.

Z. Zodiac sign? Libra.

13 comments:

LJP said...

Mushroom phobia? Where did that come from? (I can understand the taxicab one - how awful!)
:-)
LJP

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

I am with you on the taxicab phobia and I love your daughter's names. This is fun to do!!

Mariuca said...

Roxy! Am just abt to leave for dinner, I'll come back later to leave u some comment love! :)

LadyJava said...

Hello there Roxy.. wah you did the tag already.. am so behind I tell you.. i can't keep track of tags anymore..ehehe..

Catch you later!!

Oh thanks for voting on BotB!! I won!!!

Mariuca said...

I'm back!

Roxy, I love fudgy brownies - no nut too! I don like nuts in my brownies or cookies or muffins he he! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Wow Roxy! That was a close call with the taxi eh? And on ur honeymoon too!

Mariuca said...

Wasn't that a fun and easy tag Roxy? You know, BE still hasn't approved my blog, so I still can't join any BOTB or vote for anyone! :(

Jackie said...

Hey Roxy,
I did mine last night also. I can understand both the taxi cabs and the mushrooms. but, only if you are speaking of picking wild and eating wild mushrooms.

Jackie said...

Sorry I haven't dropped in lately but I seem to be on some sort of sleep marathon.

By the way I miss you too you know?

I hope you, Rex and the girls have a fabulous weekend!!:-)

Anonymous said...

U. Nice way U avoided the question :)

Bugz said...

I wanna know more about the shrooms.

Mariuca said...

LOL! Jackie and her sleep marathon, I wanna join u Jackie!

Mariuca said...

Roxy, I came to spoil ur diet with a whole tray of choc chip cupcakes, enjoy!! :):):)