Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Xerox Phaser 8400N FREE for Pick-Up in New York City -- Requires Refurbishing

As my loyal Roxiticus Desperate Housewives readers know, I have bad luck with technology. Everything I buy breaks down, and my most recent bummer came from the error messages spewing out of our four-years-and-a-few-days-old Xerox Phaser 8400N, not long out of its extended warranty. I've already replaced it with a new one and started the process of finding someone to take the broken printer off my hands... FREE for pick-up at my office in New York City. As I investigated the possibility of selling on eBay, I found a couple of different companies selling refurbished Xerox Phasers on eBay and hoped they would buy mine, or at least get it out of my office. I've also posted it on Craig's List and considered listing the broken Xerox Phaser 8400N on eBay, but selling such a bulky item on eBay, given shipping charges, is not as easy as I had hoped it would be.

So now I'm trying to find one of those iSold It on eBay locations near me. iSold It Stores let eBay sellers drop off the items you'd like to sell. Their experienced staff conducts online research while you wait to see if these items are what sells best and that your item's fair market value on eBay is at least $75 (I can include over $300 in Xerox Phaser 8400 ink sticks to make this work). Then, iSold It works with you to capture the key features or other points about your item to include in your eBay listing. Once the Xerox Phaser 8400N and the black, cyan, magenta and yellow ink supplies are checked in, iSold It will place it in their inventory and give me a receipt. Then they will get to work professionally photographing and listing it on eBay, and it is time for me to watch the action online from my computer.

After iSold It lists my Xerox Phaser 8400N (needs refurbishing) on eBay, they will send me an email with a link to the auction, so I can watch all of the action as it unfolds...ooh, the drama! After the broken Xerox Phaser 8400N and the ink sticks sell, iSold It collects payment from the winning bidder and professionally package and ship it. Once the transaction is complete, they will send me a check.

I've found an iSold It location nearby at 311 Lexington Avenue in Manhattan, maybe I can drop it off there next week. In the meantime, if you are handy with technology and refurbish broken printers, my Xerox Phaser 8400N is FREE for pickup at my Manhattan office (Flatiron district, Madison Square Park) to the first person to comment on this post or send me an email: Bree at RoxiticusDesperateHousewives dot com.

Post?slot_id=

0 comments: