Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Mister Blue Light, Bring Me a Dream... or Keep My Dream On Hold Until Payday

Please sing along with Roxy to the tune of the Chordettes' "Mister Sandman":

Mister Blue Light, bring me a dream
Make him the cutest that I've ever seen
Save me a dolly or little dog Rover

Then tell me I won't pay until December's almost over

Mister Blue Light, some gifts on hold
Would be so peachy before they get sold
So please turn on your magic beam
Mister Blue Light, bring us
Please, please, please
Mister Blue Light, bring us a dream

Mister Blue Light, of course, refers to the little guy from Kmart who made the Blue Light Special a household term. Now, as we approach the holidays in the midst of a rollercoaster stock market and bleak economy, Mister Blue Light and his Kmart Lay-Away program are making it easier for families to keep the holiday season special... and affordable. While other national retailers have discontinued their lay-away plans, Mister Blue Light's program enables Kmart customers to reserve hot items early (remember Cabbage Patch Dolls and Tickle Me Elmo??) before the most important items on the kids' wish lists sell out, pay for these special gifts over time, and pick them up in time for Christmas.

I entered my zip code in Kmart's store locator and found the Lay-Away option available at two stores in our area -- one in Hillsborough and the other in Somerset, New Jersey. I may just use the easy pay Lay-Away option to pick up a Hannah Montana electric guitar ($139.99) for London and Maddie and their band. So if you come by here after Christmas time and the house is a rockin', don't bother knockin', come on in!

Wishing you and your family a joyous holiday season.

Click Here

Post?slot_id=

0 comments: