Sunday, November 09, 2008

Music Monday: Follow Me, Follow You

Since I added a "Follow This Blog" widget to my sidebar, I've had "Follow You, Follow Me" by Genesis running through my head and thought I'd participate in Lady Java's Music Monday Meme for the first time ever with this song. Last Friday, I took London and Maddie to see High School Musical 3 on the big screen, and was transported back to my senior year of high school. While I didn't attend my senior prom, I'm pretty sure "Follow You, Follow Me" was the theme. Did you go to your prom? I'd love to hear your memories... and there's that top commenters widget to motivate you to share!

Stay with me,
My love I hope you'll always be
Right here by my side if ever I need you
Oh my love

In your arms,
I feel so safe and so secure
Every day is such a perfect day to spend
Alone with you

I will follow you will you follow me?
All the days and nights that we know will be
I will stay with you will you stay with me
Just one single tear in each passing year

With the dark,
Oh I see so very clearly now
All my fears are drifting by me so slowly now
Fading away

I can say
The night is long but you are here
Close at hand, oh I'm better for the smile you give
And while I live

I will follow you will you follow me?
All the days and nights that we know will be
I will stay with you will you stay with me
Just one single tear in each passing year there will be

I will follow you will you follow me
All the days and nights that we know will be
I will stay with you will you stay with me
Just one single tear in each passing year...




Come join us in Music Monday and share your songs with us. Leave ONLY the actual post link here if you’re playing today. You can grab this code at LJL Please note these links are strictly for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted.




6 comments:

Mariuca said...

Roxy, quick hello before I start preparing for another busy hospital day in a few hours. :)

Roxy, I HEART Genesis oh I do!! Phil Collins looks really young in this video eh? I have a couple of fave tunes from them too, excellent start to ur MM! :):):)

LadyJava said...

I've not heard of this song before Roxy but it's really nice. I especially love the lyrics..

Thanks for joining MM dearie.. I hope you join us again next week ya :)

Rozella said...

Very cool choice Roxy! :)

But uhh... it would be real great if you could change your comment setting to pop up. That way everyone can listen to the song while commenting. :)

I used to have my page like this too and Tina of Mummy Diaries told me about it. And truly it is much better that way. :)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Classic ... Phil Colins is one of my favorites!!

Great pick.

Hello from SpeedyCat in Minnesota

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi roxy, i havent heard this song before but it got a catchy tune. Greta pick! ;)

Mister Scott said...

genesis used to be so cool... c'est la vie! (oh and I'm the day-late music monday number 23!)

cheers!

scotty