Sunday, November 02, 2008

Roxy Saves: A New Feature Here at Roxiticus Desperate Housewives?

As my loyal Roxiticus Desperate Housewives readers know, my blog here and my Roxy's Best Of... local community site are focused on my family's life and the best of everything (kid stuff, restaurants, food and wine, personal and professional services) we've found in the Roxiticus Valley (Mendham, Bernardsville, Chester, Far Hills, Peapack-Gladstone, Somerset and Morris Counties), New Jersey. While I do my best to save money through coupon clipping for the supermarket and promotional codes online, I know from traveling around the blogosphere via BlogExplosion and EntreCard that I haven't been as aggressive as other web sites in providing tips to save money.

With the present state of the United States economy, however, I'm considering adding a regular feature called "Roxy Saves" that will share a few tips that I've found for saving money -- both locally here in New Jersey and online with promotional codes for the larger international shopping sites. I'd also like to invite all of my readers to leave comments sharing their advice on how to be frugal and still find ways to enjoy the finer things in life. Right now I'm enjoying something amazing that is absolutely free, free, free.... my almost eight year old, London, is cuddled up in my bed keeping me warm while I blog, using her "dream-maker" to invent stories.
Today, the first installment in my Roxy Saves feature helps you to save money on eyeglasses for any member of the family. While I am thankful that Rex is the only one in our family who needs prescription glasses, I know that many of London and Maddie's friends wear glasses and that children's eyeglasses can be quite a drain on the pocketbook. I know that London and Maddie lose track of jackets, water bottles, homework and toys, and I really feel for the family of a child who comes home from school crying due to a lost pair of expensive prescription glasses.

Why spend a bundle on kids' glasses when ZenniOptical.com sells stylish prescription glasses online starting at $8? They have a huge selection of frames, with single vision lenses, sunsensor (photochromic) lenses, tinted sunglasses lenses, bifocals and progressive lenses. The secret to Zenni' low prices is that they sell only their own manufactured frames direct to the customer, with no middlemen and very little advertising budget, so the savings are passed on to you.

I've posted before about ZenniOptical.com here at Roxiticus Desperate Housewives, and my eyeglass-wearing readers have frequently stopped to comment with their raves on their prices and stylish selection. Hope you'll find this Roxy Savings tip helpful.

1 comments:

Henson Ray said...

Always need to save money...also nice to be in your Entrecard spot today.