Friday, November 07, 2008

London and Maddie Review Disney's High School Musical 3 at the Chester Clearview Cinema in Chester, NJ

Apologies for putting up a post while I'm still in the midst of writing it, but I couldn't stand the thought that my BlogExplosion readers were going to have to vote (against) the same post in my third in a row Battle of the Blogs with "beporqueposso"... so here goes. Please be patient while I type just as fast as I can.

It has been a while since our family has taken in a new movie at the theatre. The sunny summer weather happily kept us on the beach in Bay Head, NJ and away from the tenplex, though we went out when we were back up north in Chester, NJ one evening in July to see American Girl Kit Kittredge (and her famous treehouse) in action. Disney's High School Musical 3 came out two weeks ago, but w've been busy with Halloween and school activities until this afternoon. The girls had the day off from school for the statewide New Jersey teachers' convention, and you can bet London and Maddie couldn't wait to see Troy, Gabriella, and all of their favorite Wildcats in action on the big screen.

Believe it or not, I haven't read a single review...not in the newspapers, not in the blogosphere. I did see a story in the Star-Ledger about local teen Max Ehrich who is the youngest dancer in the movie, and the girls were on the lookout for him (if you'd like to play along, look for the #4 Wildcats basketball team jersey with "Patrick" on the back) in the Wildcat dance routines, but he was hard to spot.

Continue reading (rave review from London, Maddie, Roxy and friends)

4 comments:

Mariuca said...

I've not watched this yet Roxy, promised my lil sis to get her the DVD though! ;)

Mariuca said...

Am going out soon, time for some grocery shopping. My fridge is empty! :)

Jason said...

Those BofB voters are a fickle bunch.

I'm sorry you had to sit through that steaming pile of disney crap. It's only a few years until I'm going to be dragged to all sorts of dreadful kids movies myself. It's a good thing we love our kids more than we hate bad movies and music.

RoxiticusDH said...

Jason,
Believe it or not, I actually had a good time at High School Musical 3, not to mention the Hannah Montana concert at the Prudential Center last year. You know I have a totally sappy side, and both HSM and Hannah are a dramatic improvement over all the pink Disney princesses from London and Maddie's pre-school years. Thankfully, my girls' musical tastes span a pretty broad range. No more rhymey baby stuff, they'll rock out to most anything on my iPod, and they've enjoyed live music (Springsteen's Seeger Sessions, John Cougar Mellencamp, Sheryl Crow, to name a few) when Rex and I bring them along.
Roxy