Thursday, May 15, 2008

NJ Savvy Living Affluent Lifestyles Magazine

I've already fessed up to liberating New Jersey Life magazine from Dr. Davis and Dr. Chanin's office in Chester, NJ. Of course, I did give Chester Medical Associates a shout-out on my blog, so we should be "even," except…

When I went back for one of Rex's recent appointments, I returned New Jersey Life and stole the April 2008 NJ Savvy Living affluent lifestyles magazine from the good doctors, and I haven't had time to return it.

For a variety of reasons, I prefer New Jersey Life magazine, but I guess NJ Savvy Living has its place. While Rex and I certainly enjoy an affluent lifestyle here in the Roxiticus Valley, it always makes me uncomfortable when people have to flaunt their affluence or their lifestyle, or when a publication thinks a focus on pretentious living is the way to identify with me. I think the editors/publishers could get their point across through their cover photos and the content inside the magazine, rather than the glaring, though small, "affluent lifestyle" tag. I don't really think there are any New Jersey magazines devoted to New Jersey's working class…though if I were to publish one, I'd call it "What Exit?!"

0 comments: