Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rex's Recipes: Takeout-Style Sesame Noodles

Rex is making the most amazing recipe for dinner tonight: Takeout-Style Sesame Noodles. The kitchen is already starting to smell so good that I'm afraid I'll eat so many portions that I'll need a lap-band Houston treatment to fit into my bikini this summer.

I will try to get the complete recipe posted over on my Rex's Recipes blog, but here are some of the key ingredients:
  • 1 pound Chinese egg noodles
  • 2 tablespoons plus a splash Sesame oil
  • 3 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons Chinese rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons Chinese sesame paste
  • 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter (??!!)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste
  • Half a cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into sticks
  • 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts

The girls and I are really looking forward to a delicious meal tonight!



0 comments: